Part 5

I don't know why I had the urge to comfort Jennie, it was like my body moved on it's own.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have..I don't know what got over me..." I apologized to Jisoo, who shook her head at me, "You didn't do anything wrong Rosie..she's just..you see there's just some personal matters that.."

"You don't have to try to explain Jisoo." I interrupt her, "I get it, it's her story..and we're practically strangers. But will she be okay?" I asked. I usually don't pry, but with her...it's like I had to know.

"She will be."

"Did something happen to her in Melbourne?" Lisa asked.

"Let's just say she lost something very important there."

"Well, would you like us to take you home now?" Lisa changed the topic, and Jisoo nodded her head smiling at us.

"Alright, let me go settle the bill." Lisa offered.

"No it's fine. I can get it Lis."

"No no, you two stay I'll set.."

"No, I'll go. No more arguing." Lisa's tone was stern, "I'll be back."

As Lisa left the table, Jisoo and I were left in a comfortable silence.

"You feel familiar to me." Jisoo suddenly spoke up, playing with the rim of her glass. Her eyes gazing at the water melancholically.

"I'm sorry?"

Jisoo shakes her head, smiling while looking at me, "It's nothing Rosie. Just know that I'm thankful for what you did today, with Jennie."

"Well she looked like she was about to have a panic attack."

"No it's not that."

"Hmm?"

"For the first time in a long time.." Jisoo pauses, her smile losing it's shine just for a second, "there was that light in her eyes again..even though it was brief."

"I'm confused." I chuckled, trying to ease this somber mood.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to. Don't take my words too seriously. Now let's go?" Jisoo tilts her head towards Lisa's direction, "I think she's done."

~ ~ ~ ~

"You okay?" Lisa asked after we dropped Jisoo off at her place.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"You just...seem a little off...and I don't know if they noticed it, but you couldn't keep your eyes off of Jennie earlier. Does my little Rosie have a crush?" Lisa teases me. I just roll my eyes at her.

"I don't and can you just focus on driving. Watch your speed." I remind her and she nods.

"But do you?" She asks again after a few minutes.

"I don't."

"But??" Lisa pushes, and sometimes I wish she wasn't so persistent.

"But when I saw her, my heart began to beat so hard against my chest..but it also felt like someone was squeezing it..I don't know how to explain it. It's like.."

"Rosie, that's called having your breath taken away. And I don't blame you, Jennie is very beautiful."

"No not like that...this was different..like I said, I don't know how to describe it..and earlier when I saw her looking so pale, I couldn't stop myself from comforting her."

"Hmmm.." Lisa frowned a bit, I can tell she was in deep thought.

"Don't worry about Lili...it might just be my heart acting up again."