Part 13

I watched as Rosie's expression fell slightly, taking her phone and pocketing it.

"Who texted?" I asked, we were having such a good night, but now it's all ruined.

"Just my sister." She replied, I knew she was lying...she could barely look me in the eye.

"How do you know Suzy?" She finally speaks up after a few moments of silence. At the mention of her name, my blood begins to boil again.

"We met once."

"Oh...I see...Why does it seem like you don't like her."

"Why would I? She's obviously into you."

"Really? You got all that from the 30 seconds we were all in the same place?"

"I have eyes Rosie. I can tell when someone is looking at you differently."

Rosie sighs heavily, "She's just a friend."

"Sure.." I mutter under my breath.

"Right." Rosie nods, getting up from the couch, walking around my living room. Something's off with her.

"Always waiting for me..." Rosie mutters, "Always right Nini?" She looks at me, and for the first time since I met Rosie..I don't recognize the look in her eyes.

"Nini? What's with the new nickname." I play it off cool, trying to show her how unaffected I am by that name. Watching her carefully, I'm scared...this Rosie..it isn't my Rosie.

"Jennie." She calls me, her back turned, eyes gazing out my window, "8 years ago, I was in a really bad accident. A car ran a red light.."

"Stop it." I say, but she keeps going, "It struck us both. She was brain.."

"I said stop it."

"Dead and I had a piece of shrapnel in my heart."

"Rosie...please.." I begged, and she finally turned around to meet my eyes.

"I have her heart now." She says, "Do you wanna know who saved my life Jen?"

"Roseanne.." My tone was dangerously low.

"It's Park Chaeyoung."

I shut my eyes tightly...I couldn't look her in the eye.

"Were you ever honest with me Jen?" Rosie asks, I open my eyes...and my heart breaks...

"Of course Rosie, why are you even asking me this?" I take a step closer to her.

"Really?" She asks and I nod, "Then what's my favorite fruit?"

"Avocados duh." I chuckle, trying to lighten the heavy air around us.

"What do I drink in the morning?"

"Tea, you don't drink coffee."

"Color?"

"Baby pink."

"What's one of my habits?"

"You bite your lower lip when you're anxious."

I answer all her questions without any hesitation.

"Jennie..what's my favorite flower?"

"Irises."

Another silence takes over us, my heart pounding against my chest, because I just realized all my answers were not about her.

"No...Jennie..my favorite fruit are mangoes, I drink coffee in the morning, my favorite color is white, I have a bad habit of cracking my thumbs, and my favorite flowers are roses..." Rosie gives me a sad smile, as if realizing something herself.