Reminiscence - Final

She looked peaceful in her sleep. I couldn't help myself from staring, "Even in your sleep, you captivate me, Wifey." I softly whisper in her ear, before snuggling closer to her, "I love you." I smile, as she clings onto me, "Hmm." She hums in her sleep.

The next morning as we cuddled on the couch after breakfast she asked me if I was sleeping well. "Why?" I asked back, wondering if she knew that I would spend most of my nights admiring her and thanking the universe for bringing her to me.

"I just noticed that your dark circles are getting worse, I'm worried for you." She gave me a small smile while cupping my face, rubbing her thumb tenderly on my cheek. I smiled into her touch, cupping her hand on my cheek, "don't worry. I'm sleeping well." I assured her but I can tell she didn't believe me, "what is it?" I asked and she pouted at me so cutely I thought my heart would burst.

"Then why do I feel like you're hiding something from me..no way are you..are you cheating on me?" She jumped into such crazy assumptions I couldn't stop myself from laughing.

"You're so cute, Wifey." I hugged her tightly, "I'm not hiding anything from you. Nor am I or will I ever cheat on you. I love you too much." I whispered in her ear.

"Then why can't you sleep well?" She pulled back.

"Alright the truth is, every night when we go to bed. You would always fall asleep before me, always facing my way..and I can't help myself from staring at you. You look so peaceful and calm. So beautiful and I just..I just wonder what I did in life to deserve someone like you." I admitted, and I saw her cheeks turn a deep shade of pink.

"Hubby, that was Cheesy." Jennie gives me a gentle slap on my shoulder.

"But it's true...I don't know how I got so lucky to have someone like you..love me so much..I don't know what I'll do if I ever lose you." I feel myself tear up, and Jennie gets up from her chair, settling on my lap, hugging me tightly, "You won't lose me Hubby..I won't go anywhere...what's gotten you thinking like this all of a sudden?" She asks and I shrug, because I don't know why I've been so reminiscent these past few days.

"I don't know...maybe it's cause we're getting old?" I laugh.

"Chae, we're only 23, we still have our whole lives to spend together." Jennie flashes me the engagement ring I gave her 5 months ago, "That we do." I look my beautiful fiance in the eyes, seeing as her pupils dilate, "I love you." I say softly, before kissing her.

The nightmares will stop...right?

~ ~ ~ ~

The nightmares didn't stop...they got worse...except today. Today I had the best dream in a long time..a dream that'll be my reality soon.

"Well someone's in a good mood today." Jennie smiles over our facetime call.

"I had a good dream today." I smile.

"Have you been having nightmares again?" Jennie frowns and I mentally curse myself for telling her about my recurring nightmares.

"No no." I shake my head, trying to be as reassuring as possible.

"Then?"

"I just saw our future. I saw us with kids, 2..a boy and a girl..I saw them grow up and have their own children..I saw us growing old together..retiring in New Zealand living our days quietly..it was the life we always dreamed to have with each other..I saw us..living our life together to the fullest. Loving each other until the end. I can't wait to marry you Jennie Kim." I smile, watching as Jennie's features soften and giving me that loving look before she says, "I love you too." I say it before she can and she laughs. I've always loved her laugh.