Part 9

"You said you have an appointment today?" Seulgi asks as the two make their way back from lunch.

"Yeah, it's different from usual...but I'll be going right after work."

"But why so late? What kind of appointment is it?" Seulgi frowns.

"Don't worry Seul...it's nothing."

"Roseanne."

"I know you worry, but it's fine. I swear you and Joohyun." Roseanne shakes her head.

Looking around to make sure no one hears them, Seulgi pulls Roseanne closer and whispers, "Of course we worry. You literally passed out on us out of nowhere. You're lucky Hyun and I were walking around the park that day."

"Seulgi shhhh." Roseanne smiles as Minjeong and Sejeong walk past the two.

"And to top it off, you made us promise not to tell anyone about this, even Lisa. What's really going on Rosie?"

"It's nothing. I have asthma, and I forgot my inhaler that day." Roseanne lies.

"Then why do we have to keep it a secret and what were you doing without it?"

"Because it rarely acts up these days, so I don't want the others to worry especially Lisa..she gets too overprotective of my health. But I promise you that I carry my inhaler everywhere now."

"Really?" Seulgi raises a questioning brow, Roseanne nods.

"Show me."

"Uh...it's in my office." Roseanne bites her lower lip.

"Rosie..."

"Don't worry, I'm fine okay." Roseanne places a hand on Seulgi's shoulder, "I have to get back to the office. Jen wants an update on our summer issue."

"But you just gave her..oh.." Seulgi smirked, "Right an "update."

"Shut up Seulbear."

"What did you call me?" Seulgi frowns, it's been a long time since she's been called that.

"Oh.. sorry, it slipped out." Roseanne puts a hand to her mouth, "Again." she mutters under her breath.

"It's fine...I just..only one person used to call me that..it's just nostalgic, to hear it again." Seulgi smiles.

"I'll try to be mindful not to..."

"No no Rosie..actually, you can call me that if you want."

"Okay, hey I really gotta go." Roseanne smiles at Seulgi before running towards the CEO's office.

Seulgi watched as Roseanne disappeared down the hallway, frowning, "She's lying..." Seulgi whispers, remembering that day with Joohyun.

"Are you and Rosie going to that art gallery again?" Joohyun pouts at Seulgi, who cooed at her girlfriend's cute reaction.

"It's cause Lisa keeps on bailing on her to hang out with Chu. She'd ask the others...but you know the kids."

"Well there's Jen and Nay."

"Yeah, but Nay has a date."

"She does?" Joohyun's eyes sparkle.

"With who?"

"We don't know, she won't tell us."

"I'll text her about it. But there's Jen..and we've all seen how she is around Rosie."

"Yeah, but she's also been distancing herself from Rosie."

"It doesn't look that way to me."