Part 10

"You know something." I declare, entering the studio like I own it...which I do.

"Why hello there Jennie fancy seeing you here."

"Jisoo."

"Jennie."

"Just tell me what you know Chu then I'll be out of your hair."

"I don't even know what you're going on about." Jisoo replies, while I signal the staff to give us some privacy.

"You know why Rosie's been distant since our beach trip."

"Distant? I literally just had lunch with her, Lisa, Seul, and Hyun."

"Yeah that's another thing I want to talk to you about, why have the five of you been hanging out so much lately?"

"Oh I don't know Jendeuk...maybe cause we're friends???" Jisoo sarcastically replies.

"That's not what I mean Chu." I roll my eyes, "Dating Lisa has made you even more insufferable than you already were." I tease.

"Please if anything it's me that tolerates you." Jisoo half smirks.

"Stop trying to change the subject Chu. Tell me what you know." I demand.

"I really don't think Rosie's been distant Jen."

"Yeah with you guys...but she's definitely distant with me." I pout.

"Maybe she just thinks you're too clingy." Jisoo replies without missing a beat.

"Excuse me! I am not clingy."

"Right...not clingy at all." Jisoo gives me a look.

"I'm only clingy with you."

"And Rosie." Jisoo adds.

"I...am I really?" I ask in a soft voice.

"Jennie...I'm just teasing..it's definitely not because you're clingy." Jisoo senses my turmoil.

"So you do know then."

Jisoo sighs heavily, "Look..I..can't say if she is or if she isn't. Because to me she's still the same. But if you feel like she's been distant...then talk to her like an adult instead of whining about it. Rosie can't read your mind Jen."

"Yeah...you're right..but how can I do that if she keeps blowing me off?"

"Ask her to stay behind after a meeting...I mean you are her boss Jen, she can't say no to you at work."

"Right! This is why you're my best friend! Thanks Chu!" I hug Jisoo.

"Jennie!" Jisoo calls out to me as I leave the studio.

"Yeah?"

"Nothing, never mind." Jisoo smiles, before the photographer calls her back to start.

~ ~ ~

"Rosie, I have some things to discuss with you. Meet me in my office." My tone was authoritative, giving her no room to decline.

"Sure." She nods.

A few minutes later, someone knocked on my office door.

"Come in."

"You wanted to talk?" Rosie enters.

"Yeah, come and sit with me." I smile, getting up and heading to the lounge chair in my office.

"Uh okay." Rosie follows, taking a seat on the far side.

Of course...

"So what's up? Is everything okay? Did you want to add more this month's issue? I think I can talk with the others on that.." Rosie begins to blabber, something she does when she's nervous.