Part 8

"Lisa? What are you doing here?" I asked, seeing my best friend sitting in the middle of my art room.

"How'd you know I was in here?"

"I always close this door. It was wide open." I enter, sitting on the floor with her.

"Is this what you painted last night?" She asks motioning to my easel.

"Yeah..." We both take in the painting. It's not anything fancy..it's just a human eye. But within the pupils is that woman's silhouette again.

"It's different again.. from your usual.." She begins, "Who were you looking at? Who's this girl?" Lisa asked, pointing to the silhouette.

"I don't know.." I shake my head, "I honestly don't even remember painting this."

Lisa gives me a knowing look after my confession, "After our conversation last night, I returned to my research..this morning I passed by the bookshop and grabbed this book."

"Heart's Memory -Diary of a heart transplant-" I read the title out loud.

"It's a collection of medical cases...everyone in there has had a heart transplant."

"Okay???" I was confused.

"And in all the cases the patients all acquired some characteristic of the donor. The person who conducted the research is here in Seoul."

"Dr. Bae Suzy? English name?"

"Yeah she's actually from New Zealand, moved to Korea for Uni."

"I see....why are you telling me this?"

"Because I think you're also remembering her memories."

"Sorry?"

"Have you ever looked into Park Chaeyoung?"

"No why?"

"She's an artist...and her signature is always in the form of her first initial and a flower." Lisa points to the bottom right hand corner of the most recent painting..and there it was, a C with a white orchid next to it.

"You don't really..."

"Just go see her...I already set up an appointment for this Saturday."

"But Lili..."

"I'll be there with you. Promise."

"Okay." I agreed. I'm also curious if this is true.

~ ~ ~

"Knock knock." Yeri smiles.

"Hey Yeri, what's up?" I ask, as she stepped inside.

"Nothing, we're just wondering if you're down to hangout with us at Seul's place later it's the weekend tomorrow and you still don't know a lot of people here so...Ah and Jen won't be there, she usually never shows."

"Oh uhm.."

"If you don't want to that's totally okay. I mean you're still technically our boss."

"No no, it's not that..it's just I didn't want to leave my best friend alone. Like you said we're new here."

"Ah! Then invite her along, the more the merrier."

"Sure, just text me the address." I smiled and Yeri nodded.

~ ~ ~

"So these are your direct reports, but they're also Jennie's close friends...and Jennie is your CEO did I get that right?" Lisa asked.