☆Chapter Four: Rowan☆

Date: Friday, May 20, 1650. 2:02A

You know, going from being an American, 18 year old in highschool as a cheerleader fighting with her ex boyfriend in 2021 to a British, 12 year old, pregnant girl in 1650 dealing with pirates is pretty rough, and is also quite a shock. Doc took me to a bedroom that has been reserved to, Rowan. Ah, Rowan Grant, or Wellerman as he calls himself. Rowan told Doc that he is most likely the father, of course I don't know how he could be so sure, but apparently we must have had a frisky affair, Doc told Rowan that if he is the father he needs to take full responsibility. Nobody else really knows of the issue, and apparently I am too far along already to be heading back home, because Rowan and me would be killed by my uncle. I have been laying on this bed for over two hours trying to think about life and what to do now. Am I dreaming? Did I fall into a coma when I got hit? Or am I dead and somehow fell into some reincarnation? This has been pretty rough since there's no phone, no television, no social media or YouTube, and don't even get me started about lights, the only brightness in this bedroom is from three oil lanterns. I look outside to see the full moon and the ocean.

It sure is beautiful here, I smile and feel my stomach "You know, kid, I don't know you at all

It sure is beautiful here, I smile and feel my stomach "You know, kid, I don't know you at all. But, I'll try to be a good mom." I say gently as I press my left hand to the cold glass and watch the moon "Everything okay?" A Scottish voice asks as I look back to see Rowan, his ponytail down; I can see his hair is mid-back length and he still has his eyepatch, he is also wearing a white shirt with black pants and is barefoot. Rowan is leaning against the door on his right side with his right foot over the other. I nod "Yes. I was just, looking at the moon is all." I say slowly as he walks over to me and sits down on the bed, I look down at his right hand and notice his middle, ring, and pinky fingers missing, and his left hand missing half of his middle finger. I gasp sharply as he looks at me in surprise. "What happened?" I ask as he looks at his hands and sighs "Well, I lost me three from a shark attack, had to rescue the captain's parrot near Spain. And I lost half of me one to Grant." He says the last sentence darkly, I nod and give him a sympathetic look "What about your face?" I ask as he looks at me "Grant." He says "Do you mean, the Cap-" "He does not deserve to be called that." He snaps as I scoot back, his eye softens "I'm, I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean to-" "It's okay, it is obviously a very sore subject." I say while moving my hair behind my right ear, he gently grabs my left hand with his right and looks at me "Are ye afraid of me?" He asks as I shake my head "I think you're very angry. So, I have to ask...how are you so certain it's yours?" I ask as he chuckles "Well, I would assume you'd know it as well. Considering all we did was-" "Okay, okay, I get it." I say with a laugh as he smiles "What? I'mma just bein' honest, lassie." He says with a grin and what looks to be a wink "You don't need to go into detail!" I laugh "Well, that's how I know that I am the father. Unless there be something ya ain't saying." He says as I shake my head "I'm pretty sure you're the father. Unless I'm some hoe." I say as he gives me an odd look. We suddenly hear singing from above the ship.