Chapter 22

The next day Yeonjun left the house alone as Taehyun slept like a baby tired from yesterday’s night and their adventure.

The first thing that Yeonjun did when he entered his office was reviewing the file of the interviewer from the day before. He was a high profile reporter hence Yeonjun knew they could do nothing to him for making their model feel uncomfortable. The next task he did was to check the contenders for Taehyun manager. Beomgyu had selected a young girl who seemed to be quite enthusiastic for her job.

The day passed as he sat in his office thinking about last night. He was so thankful to Taehyun. His heart could literally bust from affection that washed over him whenever he thought about the youngest. He had never felt this happy before, the rides, the taste of cheap food from stalls still lingered in his mind.

He was lost in his thoughts when Soobin and Beomgyu entered his office laughing about something as they settled down on the chairs in front of his desk. The duo looked at him as he sat there staring intensely at his desk.

‘Are you okay Yeonjun?’ Soobin soon inquired as he tapped on the desk waking Yeonjun up from his daydream.

‘Yeah’ Yeonjun replies as he picks up a file. ‘just thinking about last night. We had so much fun we even sat on the Merry-go round, the view from Ferris wheel was also pretty, the ship was kinda scary though, but it was so pretty.’ Yeonjun started chirping happily as he moved his hands around to express himself.

Beomgyu and Soobin glanced at each other smiling before indulging Yeonjun, asking him about his time with Taehyun.

Suddenly Beomgyu shouted as he stood up. Soobin and Yeonjun looked at him startled. 

Then Beomgyu sat back down as excitement filled his eyes. ‘Hey Yeonjun you know what yesterday I heard Taehyun talking about this exhibition so I bought some passes. Why don’t you take him to that exhibition tonight, as a thank you, you know?’

Soobin too nodded his head after agreeing with Beomgyu’s idea. ‘I mean he has been making you happy these days, hence you should take him there.’

That evening Yeonjun stood nervously outside of their home after some prep talk on how to talk about this exhibition with Taehyun before entering the apartment.

However, Taehyun was nowhere to be found. The exhibition was supposed to start in a few hours but in a few hours the younger male was nowhere to be found. Yeonjun tried to call him but was not able to reach him.
Yeonjun sat there on his couch in the living room, maybe he was wrong. Taehyun does not like him. Others may think that he was being dramatic because Taehyun could go anywhere, he was not bound to tell Yeonjun before, but, they used to tell each other everything they were supposed to do in a day and today Taehyun had told him that he was free, so where was he.

Hours passed as the worst scenarios crossed Yeonjuns mind. He was getting tired , the night was getting mature as darkness took everything unders its blanket yet Taehyun was nowhere to be seen.

As the clock striked 11, Yeonjun heard the rattling of the lock. Soon, Taehyun walked in the living room and looked quite surprised to see Yeonjun there.

‘Hyung you are not asleep yet?’
‘I was waiting for you. Where were you? I was so worried for you.’’

Yeonjun asked him, his voice quiet as his insecurities got the best of him. He was no-one to Taehyun, thinking about this fact left his heart hurting.

Taehyun was just so pretty, different from people he loved in the past but his history, his father, jihoon just scared him.

‘You should have just slept hyung. Why did you wait for me?Did you want something from me?’

‘I wanted to take you to the exhibition you wanted to go to. Beomgyu gave me some passes but you were nowhere to be seen, I tried calling you too.’

Taehyun stood there as a silence enveloped them

‘You wanted to take me to the exhibition?’

‘Yeah. But I think it's late now it must be finished now. Lets just sleep now.’ Yeonjun said, hurt clear in his voice as he stood up to go to his room.

But Taehyun stopped him, holding his arm.’Hyung I wanted to go to that exhibition and if I knew that you planned to take me there I would have come home earlier. However, I missed it but we can watch a movie together if you want.’

Yeonjun turned back to look at him.
‘I wanted to take you to the exhibition as a thankyou and I don't think we can catch any shows at this time knowing that we have to go to work together and you know I don’t miss work day.’

Taehyun looked lost as he thought about something. ’How about Netflix and chill? I will go make popcorn and you make a fort here in the living room as a thankyou that you are planning to say.’

Taehyun looked at Yeonjun who looked happy at the idea and soon they both got to work as Taehyun went to the kitchen and Yeonjun went on to collect all the blankets in the apartment.
~
It was peaceful, both hearts were content as they laid there watching a sappy rom-com on tv laughing together as they ate popcorn.

Yeonjun’s head on Taehyun’s shoulder but right now they both simply did not care as they both just enjoyed each other's company.
~
Light poured in as they slept in the blanket fort their legs tangled up as both embraced each other. Yeonjun was the first to wake up, he looked at Taehyun and moved himself to get away when he remembered what Beomgyu had said ‘Good things will never come to you if you push them away.’

After a minute of thinking Yeonjun embraced the younger again as he turned off his blaring alarm and for the first time in forever he missed a day in office, but at least his heart was at peace for the first time with love.