Chapter 24

They were back in Seoul. Their relationship was slow, to say the least. They had informed their friends at a dinner held by Kai to congratulate them. All of them were happy, especially Yeonjun’s friend.

Today was Taehyun’s day off as he lazed around the house often calling Yeonjun to tease him. However, Taehyun soon got bored again so when his father called him up for a family lunch he went.

They all had lunch together, laughing, discussing some random topics, and talking about Taehyun’s career and future. It was evening when Taehyun retired back, feeling tired he decided to sleep. It was late in the night when Taehyun woke up.

Upon checking his phone he found a number of messages and calls from his friends. Taehyun rushed to Yeonjun’s room only to find it empty. He hurried to the living room where he found Kai, beomgyu, and soobin sitting around Yeonjun quietly
‘What happened? Why are guys sitting around like this? Is everything okay?

It was Yeonjun who broke the silence, handing the younger his phone.’ What is this Taehyun?’

Taehyun felt his soul leaving his body. It was a picture of him with his family. A whole article on him being the son of a business tycoon’s son, about him being Kang Taehyun.

‘Look Yeonjun hyung I can explain.’ Taehyun continued.
But before he could say anything Soobin spoke ‘Kai do you also have to say anything too?’

Kai who was sitting silently knew that this was the time that truth came in front of everyone hence he stood up and went beside Taehyun.

Kai spoke for the first time since the article came ‘I and Taehyun lied okay. Taehyun belongs to the Kang family. My family is in America, my father is a business there, he owns the Moon hotels. It’s not like it matters if we hid our family. You liked me when you thought I was a commoner and not a millionaire so I don't think my family being rich should make a huge difference.’

Kai finished looking confident but fear in his eyes as he looked at the man who had visited his cafe one day, complimenting his neck, asking him on a date, and soon becoming his life source.

Soobin opened his arms for the younger holding him telling him that his family’s status does not affect their relationship and this was also true that Hueningkai had told him that his family was okay and lived in America and that his father worked in a hotel.

Taehyun looked at Yeonjun, hoping to explain, hoping that the older will understand. Yeonjun looked away from Taehyun’s gaze.

‘I need some time Taehyun. I hope you understand. You know I hate liars and you lied to me so please leave, give me some time.’

Taehyun tried to talk but the latter walked to his room and locked the door. The younger man stood there looking at his friends who looked at him, their eyes telling them that everything will be okay.

Then he left because no matter what the problem was, Yeonjun needed to understand too. It is not like taehyun did something illegal or something that was indescribable.
Taehyun was too angry now.
~
Beomgyu knocked on the door asking Yeonjun to talk. They all sat down now to convince Yeonjun.

It was Beomgyu who gathered the courage to start.
‘You should have listened to him. Yeonjun I knew who he was. I was friends with him for a long time. He often came to business parties that you refused to attend. You ignored him and asked time like he had committed a crime. You need to understand that he is not like jihoon he only hid his family to make his own name, just like us. He wanted to create his name in this industry without people thinking that his family helped him. So please talk to him.’

Yeonjun looked at his friends before standing up ‘I need some time to think. You guys go back and sleep and Beomgyu update me on his location.’

The morning came in a blink of an eye. Yeonjun had not slept. He had made his decision and now was the time to carry it out.

He drove to the address sent to him by Beomgyu. It was kang mansion, upon entering he found a lady sitting in the front garden, her clothes seemed expensive, high cheekbones, large eyes, and a high nose. She was Mrs. kang. She walked towards him welcoming him even though her eyes seemed sad.

‘He is in his room. Came home crying. He was angry too. We tried to calm him down but he locked himself up there. So, if you are here to make him sadder I request you to leave but if you are here to make him happy, then go on.
‘Sikyung guide this young man to the young master’s room.’

Yeonjun took his next step with confidence making his way behind the maid to Taehyuns room.
The door was open so Yeonjun barged in only to find the younger man sleeping, dried tears on his cheeks.

The older man stood there before closing the door and sliding in with his boyfriend.

Taehyun was the first to wake up and was quite surprised to find his lover in his bed but a sense of relief also took place in his heart as he realized that he had forgiven him.

Time passed as Taehyun caressed the latter's cheek, occasionally kissing him. Yeonjun woke up after an hour. Both of them laid there unmoving as they held each other.

Taehyun was the first one to speak ‘I know I lied but I hope you realize that it was not to hurt you. I have rarely ever told people about my family. I wanted to make sure that people knew me as me. They knew that even without a rich family behind my back I can accomplish greatness. I wanted to tell but I needed time and a plan. It seems like you have forgiven me but please hyung always remember that I love you and I will never do anything to hurt you...well intentionally.
~
This conversation helped their relationship to bloom. All their staff and soon the media came to know about their affair but it just did not matter anymore. Yeonjun was in love now, seeing things from a different perspective for the first time in his life. Maybe that is why he even reached out to his dad.

Soobin and kai on the other hand looked like they were ready to get married, so in love, they both even met each other's family and soobin was already looking for a ring.

All of the friends sat together in Taehyun’s apartment whose truth was also tole to yeonjun making him sulky for a whole day not because Taehyun lied to him about this too but by the fact that Taehyun will move away. Needless to say, Taehyun did not.

Yeonjun slide glanced at Taehyun who was busy stealing from innocent kai’s bowl. This made him laugh but also realize that he was in love with a stupid boy.

A boy who was like a wildfire consuming him day by day but Yeonjun was a happy victim in the hands of fate.