Chapter 19

Yeonjun sat in his living room trying to focus on the show playing on TV but his attention was diverted again and again.

Taehyun was acting a bit weird for some days now that he thinks about it Taehyun has been acting like this since that night. He was spending most of his time outside.

Taehyun was just a guest; he was here to stay for some time before he goes again out of his house and maybe from his life when the contract ends.

Many big agencies will contact him and who can say no to more power.

Yeonjun felt something familiar coiling inside his heart but he ignored it because sometimes ignorance is bliss.
~
Taehyun sat with Beomgyu as they both silently sipped at their coffee.

Taehyun was starting to think that Beomgyu just wanted free coffee that is why he called him but before he could joke about it. Beomgyu addressed him.

‘Taehyun-ah there is something that I should know now that you have expressed genuine attraction towards Yeonjun.

Soobin and I were best friends from birth. When we were in high school we met Yeonjun. We clicked immediately and then we went to college together. Many things brought us together, our wish to be a part of the fashion industry, our wish to make a name for ourselves hence we started GLOW with a low budget, worked several part-time jobs to create the empire that stands in front of you.

Yeonjun was our senior and older but he fit perfectly with us.

Yeonjun told us that he liked guys in the second year of university, said that he had known them from high school but was afraid of telling us. We supported him though because we were his friends. Then he met him, met someone named Kim Jihoon.

Jihoon was a senior in our department, talented, famous, and handsome. Both hit it off pretty well, Jihoon was also from a well-off family hence we were relieved that he wasn’t using Yeonjun for his money, he wasn’t, he was used as some kind of sick experiment. He was sleeping around but became so possessive of

Yeonjun that he beat anyone who came near to Yeonjun even threatened me and Soobin. It was Yeonjun’s first relationship with a boy, maybe which is why he was so whipped that he denied any claim about Jihoon. But this was not the case Yeonjun was afraid, it was his first relationship with a guy and if this new got around it was to cause a lot of problems for our brand and his family business and maybe even with his parents.’

Beomgyu looked at Taehyun who sat in front of him without any expression on his face as he stopped talking for a moment before continuing.

‘Thankfully a cousin of Soobin was in police service at quite a high rank. We contacted him, Soobin was gay and he supported him so we knew that we could trust him. He took Jihoon with him and gave him quite a talk, he also gathered all the information about crimes Jihoon was involved in; drugs, vandalizing, all the relations, etc. Blackmailed him and finished the relationship. Jihoon however was from a quite powerful family and quite spoiled. He started interfering with every relation Yeonjun was in. All his boyfriends were attacked or blackmailed. Soon, Yeonjun grew vulnerable and tired hence he started dating girls before giving up.

Then one night we were in a bar celebrating the release of our first small but meaningful collection when Jihoon picked up a fight with me when I was alone in a bathroom.  He thought Yeonjun and I were dating. I was beaten up but Soobin recorded that and Yeonjun helped him. We went to Soobin’s relative and showed him the video, Ji-hoon was scared to be locked up in jail for beating someone to death and also for stalking Yeonjun. This did the trick and he was out of our lives.

Yeonjun though was affected awfully; it took him a long time to get over it. His family was not informed of this whole ordeal. Everything settled down by the last year of our college but then something happened. Again.

Yeonjun went to live with his family during summer vacation. Their family decided to go on a trip. His mother planned it all, they waited for his father to return from a business trip however due to some last-minute complication he was not able to return to Korea. So he and his mother postponed their plan to go surprise his father. Instead of surprising him, they surprised him. He was living with someone else in America. He was seeing someone behind his family. He was seeing a guy. Turns out his father married his mother because of the family pressures and in reality he loved a guy who he was dating for years.

Things got all messed up. A family that was so happy once fell apart after the divorce. Yeonjun’s father took some of the money and left everything else for Yeonjun and disappeared.
Some say he died but this is the reality Taehyun, Yeonjun’s reality.

I am in no place to tell you all of this but I don’t want you to approach Yeonjun with knowing this, without knowing his past that still haunts him.
Please Taehyun loves him genuinely, it will be hard but love him honestly and he will crack and from what I can sense he has already cracked partially, Yeonjun hyung was always a sucker for pretty people.’

Beomgyu added the last line to lift the mood but it was of no help. Taehyun said nothing as he felt so overwhelmed. He had known that Yeonjun hated gays from industry insiders but this was all messed up. At this point, Taehyun felt proud that he did not continue the bet because he could have hurt Yeonjun even more.
~
That night Taehyun did not return as Yeonjun laid on his bed with the door of his room opened waiting for the younger guy.