23

Alex pov

Kayleigh and Morgan keep me entertained as we stay in Ella's room longer then we should have.

Ella not being able to no longer move, and when she does, or tries to it hurts her. It just makes me think, we know that it's time.

However the nurse comes into the room, after Morgan throws Kayleigh the left over crisps packet. "Hey, Ella is actually improving."

My face lights up, but Kayleigh's turns confused. "If she's improving then how come she can't move, or talk or do anything." "She has a point" Morgan agrees, the nurse brings herself to the empty chair, looks over at the sleeping Ella and back at me.

"It takes time, time that we thought she didn't have but miraculously does," with that i embrace her in a hug. Kayleigh and Morgan leave afterwards with the nurse as I stay, right beside Ella and slowly close my eyes after.

It's been a year.

Today marks the day, the day I found out that my life would change forever.

Ella and Bay being classified dead but weren't at the same time. Ella having her disease and having to start from rock bottom all over again.

Her improving. Kayleigh, Morgan and me graduating comp and sadly Ella couldn't due to her illness.

Us celebrating the fact that we past what the Americans would call high school. Spending all the time we could with our family, being there for Bay and Brody and letting them go see Ella.

Her mum spending all the time that she can with her, and Ella being able to come home, in a special wheelchair for the holidays.

Everything was getting better. However it then become time. Time caught up with us, just when we didn't want to let go.

Ella died last month in the comfort of my arms, surrounded by her friends and family.

We all miss her, we all love her dearly. Me more then anything in the world, her having been the one to have saved me. Her having been the one who made me a better version of myself.

I continue to be the best dad for our kids, the figure in life that they'll raise up to be influenced by.

Telling them story's of their mother, how super heroic she was, how brave, how beautiful, that she was indeed everything to me.

Now that my children are everything to me, i know that she is still here with me. With us. In the eyes of Bays, or in the smile of Brody's.

Even though its hard not seeing her, wishing that i could just talk to her again, and hear her voice, her laugh and see her perfect figure, her smile.

Every night though i see her, in my own dreams, she's waiting for me. Standing on the beach, watching the sunset view and the breeze gently blowing her soft hair.

Carrying baby Brody, who sadly has only known her for 4 months. With an older version of Bay on my shoulders, us walking within the wind and thinking to ourselves...

After everything we've been through, everything that's happened. We've finally made it. We're finally...free. If only she stayed a little longer.

(Thats it. Thats the end.)
(Thank you guys for reading my story.)
(I appreciate the support that you've given me.)
(I will make an alternative ending and it will up soon.)
(Love Fi 18 - Foxglove17)