Alternative Ending

Alex pov

I walk in after a light knock on the door, Kayleigh and Morgan were outside for a little while, to give me more time with her.

I sit down besides her, after gently pressing a kiss to her forehead. "How you feeling" as if she is feeling any better, god I am useless at this.

"Not to bad" she presses a smile, the face is the only thing she can control now. She lost all movement of her body. First her legs, then her back, now her arms and soon she will be an emotionless girl, laying on a bed who wouldn't be able to talk.

She knows that. As she looks away from me, while I'm thinking, its as if she can tell that I am doing it. "You want to hold my hand" i say as she slowly tries to form a nod but i stop her.

"Don't, don't hurt yourself Ella." I take her hand in mine and slowly rub it but she can't feel it. It's just you and me now Ella. "Alex" she says very tiredly as I look at her with a small smile.

"Yes my love" i wait for her answer, but she releases a tear instead. "What's wrong" good one Alex. You know what's wrong, why are you like this. "I can't talk no more," she finally says. Those being her last words before her tears fall from her face and she drops her emotion.

Kayleigh and Morgan keep me entertained as we stay in Ella's room longer then we should have.

Ella not being able to no longer move, and when she does, or tries to it hurts her. It just makes me think, we know that it's time.

However the nurse comes into the room, after Morgan throws Kayleigh the left over crisps packet. "Hey, Ella is actually improving."

My face lights up, but Kayleigh's turns confused. "If she's improving then how come she can't move, or talk or do anything." "She has a point" Morgan agrees, the nurse brings herself to the empty chair, looks over at the sleeping Ella and back at me.

"It takes time, time that we thought she didn't have but miraculously does," with that i embrace her in a hug. Kayleigh and Morgan leave afterwards with the nurse as I stay, right beside Ella and slowly close my eyes after.

—-

It's been a year.

Today marks the day, the day I found out that my life would change forever.

Ella and Bay being classified dead but weren't at the same time. Ella having her disease and having to start from rock bottom all over again.

Her improving. Kayleigh, Morgan and me graduating comp and sadly Ella couldn't due to her illness.

Us celebrating the fact that we past what the Americans would call high school. Spending all the time we could with our family, being there for Bay and Brody and letting them go see Ella.

Her mother spending all the time that she can with her, and Ella being able to come home, in a special wheelchair for the holidays. Everything was getting better.

Today, Ella has finished her chemo for her illness and shes started feeling things again.

When i kissed her goodnight last night, she cried. When i asked her whats wrong she smiled and said that she loved me.

I couldn't contain the awe in my heart after that, i kissed her again and again and again, until the doctor came in and told me not to drown her in kisses.

Ella doesn't need the wheelchair no more, shes been doing chemo for over a month now,, so the end of this year wasn't what we expected but were glad that she is improving.

Right now, Ella is moving her legs, arms her hole boy she can feel pressure, and peoples touch she can show emotion and talk - everything is better. She's okay. Were okay.

When we got home, Ella flung herself on the sofa. "Its nice to be home" she said, as i hung up my coat, "yeah, its nice having you back, we missed you."

"I missed you to" with the thud of Bays foot, i turn to face her hovering over the car seat placed on the floor with a sleeping Brody in it. "Bebe" said Bay, before i smiled down at her, "yeah Bebe tired" i tried to tell her but she continues to motion towards Brody.

Bay is an angel, she is what saved mine and Ella's relationship in the first place. I'm just in love with her progression into the tiny human shes becoming.

"Mummy tried also" Ella then says as she gets up off the sofa and gestures Bay to follow her upstairs.

Bay kisses my cheek and follows her mother up the stairs to get ready for bed. Leaving me alone with Brody.

I remove his seat belt and pick him up, supporting him with my large figure. Walking up the stars to see the girls, because if its bedtime - i want in.

An hour or so later, me and Ella are laying on our bed, both babies asleep.

"What a time to be alive" Ella says in sarcasm, which i sigh to. "Ha ha", Ella starts laughing which then gets me laughing also.

"I'm just very lucky, we all are, that your still here", i hold her hand as she snuggles up to me. "I will always be here" was the last thing she said before sleeping.

I smile down at her, kiss her forehead, then slowly fall asleep also. Dreaming of the future, of what it could be...

Ella standing on the beach, watching the sunset view and the breeze gently blowing her soft hair.

Carrying baby Brody, with an older version of Bay on my shoulders. Us walking within the wind and thinking to ourselves...

After everything we've been through, everything that's happened. We've finally made it. We're finally...free.

(Free! Is now complete)
(Thank you guys for reading my story.)
(I appreciate the support that you've given me.)
(Let me know if you want me to make more stories.)
(Love Fi 18 - Foxglove17)