Chapter Seven

"Be free..." he sighs before those words flew out his mouth, in such a sweet and clean way. There was no way that someone could mishear what he said in that moment in time, we both end up looking at each other with the lights still reflecting in our eyes, and shining so bright they could blind us. I take a deep breathe...because why not.

"Why are you here?" I tell him as he shifts in the damp clothes he is wearing. "I'm just sorry that I didn't come see you sooner, well you have been ignoring me. There was nothing else I could do." I sigh, then rest my head on his shoulder. I'm tired and he knows it, he smiles down at me. "You cant just say that and it not mean anything, the hole thing about being free." He takes a deep breath, "I've just always wanted to be free. I fell in love with the idea of it i guess. My parents aren't the best, my dads a crappy bloke, a business man and my mother is just his very own shadow. Me and my brother didn't really have that much of a childhood."

"At least you have a dad. I dont even know my dad, and if were talking about siblings here to, I haven't heard off my brother in ages hell he could be dead." "Dont say that Ella", he sighs once more. "At least you have a family though Alex, its always just been me and my mother." Alex rests his head on mine, "I doubt I'd be free any time soon. My dad wants me to take over his business - which i dont want and eventually all this 'me being a dreamer' shit will go away."

"Dreamer?" My confused expression encourages Alex to talk more. "Yeah thats what my dad always calls me, its his way of... i dont know toughening me up." I remove my head from his shoulder, and take a deep breath myself, letting the cold air fill me up and then i exhale it. I keep my eyes focused on the garden lights around me and Alex, wishing that I could just stay here forever.

"Your eyes, i could get lost in them. I didn't know it then, but I know it now." He brushed a strand of hair behind my ear. It awoke me and as I was back on earth and out of my head, my thoughts just made me get up. I jump up and let his hand fall down beside his leg. Yes what I did might not of been the best of things in that situation.

"Sorry, your eyes are cute two" I say as I then realised what I actually said. He laughed and got up, stood in front of me and said " I would never hurt you ". Did I think in that moment in time that he was lying, the answer was no. His way with words make everything he says truthful. There was that hint of regret that I forgive him, but it soon disappeared when he then wrapped me into a hug.

Why me, why now! What did I do to deserve this... why in this world must I be the one two come face to face, chest to chest, head over heels. This feeling can't go away fast enough. We stood there for approximately two minutes, just standing in the dampness, soaked with what we call the worlds way of tears.

He was so warm, so comfy I could stay buried in him forever. His arms balanced me, and tightly wrapped around my tiny waist. It felt like he would never leave me, that his words of wisdom changed him and my point of view. His breathing was slow and I could feel his chest moving, and I could hear an ever so quiet heartbeat. My head barley reached his right shoulder, but yet his head was buried in my neck.

How could I let him go... I don't want to let him go, lets stay in this position forever. "Hey, what are you two doing here?" a man with a very tough voice appeared out of nowhere, with a flashlight and it awoke Alex from the place he was in. Realising the trouble we have caused he immediately takes action.

"Sorry sir, my friend..." he stopped while looking down at me, all i do is shrug as he continues "here runaway, i've just now found her." He gave me a look that made me join in with this ever so believable lie. The man walked away leaving me and Alex alone once again. "It's very late Ella", he said with a hint of a smile. I remove my gaze from him to the lights surrounding the garden. Say my goodbyes and then he and I, headed home.

Walking in the quiet nights, most beautiful Evergreen. With his hand intwined with mine we were both silent and enjoying the views ahead of us. It took time for us to get home because we were walking that slow to take in all our surroundings of Evergreen.

Evergreen is a breathtaking place, filled with the most adorable views, shops, and people. I was unbelievably happy to be apart of this towns meaning. Alex was originally from here, he's lived here all his life. I on the other hand have only just moved. It's been almost a year.

"How could we have got so lucky to call this place our home" I say with a huge smile on my face. He looks down at me and chuffed. Looks back up at his surroundings and says " because we're amazing people " I laugh and then lead the way back through a pathway, a pathway that would lead us both back to our houses.