Chapter 5 - Smile

Phoebe POV

I was waiting outside stage room C for Kelly to leave her drama lesson, I was let out of my lecture a couple of minutes early so I had time to waste. Of all the drama lessons Kelly could have had of course she had to be in the same lesson as Jordan. Jordan walked out and Kelly was just behind him. We walked back to our dorm room together, but I couldn't stop thinking about Jordan. I decided to ask Kelly her thoughts...

"Hey, Kelly," I said "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure, what's wrong?" she replied.

"So, you know the boy Jordan in your drama lecture," I say "well I like him, however I don't know whether to ask him or just to leave it."

"Well, if you like him, as in like, like him, then go for it." She answered.

I nodded and agreed to tell him.

***

It was the day after me and Kelly had that conversation about Jordan, and I was walking to the library in the free block on my timetable, I saw Jordan sitting in the cafeteria and approached him. Kelly looked over from the left doorway and started walking towards me. I began to get rather nervous.

"Jordan" I said as my voice rattled in fear.

"What?" He asked whilst staring into his Instagram feed.

At this point Kelly was stood next to me.

"Ok...so...I know you probably haven't seen me around or anything," I continued "But I've seen you a couple times."

His eyes still glued to his phone. At this point I started regretting my choice and tried to back up slowly, until I felt Kelly pushing me forward whispering for me to go for it.

"I like you," I blurted out rather loudly.

Silence filled the air as I felt my face turn a bright red and the awkward reality travelled through my body. I stand there staring at the ground frozen from embarrassment.

"Oi" I hear Kelly shout "Don't just ignore her!"

To which he looked up at me and began to laugh. He looked me in the eyes and continued laughing as he shook his head. I turned around and started walking away slowly, gradually picking up the speed until I was almost running out of there. I went straight back to my dorm room and grabbed my phone. I aggressively scrolled through my Instagram feed and unliked all of Jordan's posts and then blocked him.

Whilst I was doing that I heard the door slowly creak open. I look up to see Kelly look at me with a concerned look. I sat looking at her for a minute. Then she walked towards me and gave me a hug. Causing me to break down in tears on her shoulder keeping a tight hold on the hug. We hugged for about 5 minutes then put some music on and started dancing around our dorm like crazy people.

***

Kelly's POV

I stood and watched Phoebe run out of the cafeteria. I started chasing after her then stopped. I turned around and walked back towards Jordan.

"Oi!" I shouted again "You're a fucking piece of shit."

As he looked up at me I slapped him across the face, and then walked off as I headed back towards my dorm room, hoping that's where Phoebe went, I felt a smile creep onto my face. As much as I hated Jordan for what he just did to Phoebe, I couldn't help but like him that little bit more. Why do I always have a thing for the bad boys? They're always such bad influences.