Chapter 26:End of the school year

I forgot about the manga once cuz it comes out every month and not week.

Nishikata had a very important question to ask Takagi. But it was not going to be easy.

'Cmon man. You can do this! ' Nishikata thought to himself.

"Oi Nishikata! It's your Turn!" Takao said snapping him out of his trance.

" Oh s-sorry" He apologized.

Nishikata looked through the cards in his hands and placed one down on the stack.

"Draw four Nakai-Kun" Nishikata said to him.

"Dang it" Nakai said drawing four from the other stack of cards.

"What's got you distracted Nishikata? Is it Takagi-san? " Nakai said putting down a card.

" Yeah... I want to ask her something very important but I don't know how to ask her" Nishikata put down a blue seven.

" Is it marriage? Uno!" Nakai said putting a card down.

"N-n-no of course not!... I was actually thinking about asking her to go with me to see the end of school year fireworks with me this year" Nishikata informed his two friends.

" And that's a problem why? You two are dating. " Takao placed down a card.

" W-well let's just say we aren't comfortable to be asking each other that stuff yet. Uno" Nishikata half lied as placed down a card.

I'm reality he was just being the shy guy he has always been.

"I already asked Mano to go. What about you Takao-kun?" Nakai drew a card.

" Sanae. Nishikata just ask her. You're her boyfriend it should be way too easy. " Nakai suggested.

" Alright I guess so. Always I win" Nishikata said as he put his last card down.

" Damnit! " Both Nakai and Takao said as they lost.

*Later on in the school day*.

"H-hey Takagi-san?" Nishikata said as he approached her putting her shoes on.

"What is it Nishikata-kun?" Takagi asked.

"W-well... I was wondering if..." He started out remembering what Takao had told him.

"I think I know what it is you want to ask" Takagi said standing up.

" Oh really?! " He said happily.

'If she already knows than that makes it much easier on me' Nishikata thought to himself.

"You're going to ask me marry you right?!" She said excitedly.

" WHAT!? N-no!? I.... I just wanted to ask you to go to the fireworks with me!" He was red all over his face and Takagi laughed a lot.

" I was only joking! " She continued to laugh at his reaction.

'D-damnit! Nakai-Kun did that same thing! I should have expected that! ' Nishikata thought scolding himself for it.

" You don't have to be so nervous ya know. I am your girlfriend after all"She said getting really close to him just making it much worse for him.

" S-so is that a yes? " He asked.

"Hm. I don't know" She said putting a finger on her cheek with a small frown.

" W-what!? " Nishikata couldn't believe it.

"Just kidding of course I'll go" She held up a peace sign.

'Damn you Takagi san! ' Nishikata thought as he fell for her scheme again.

* Later on.

"Is this good?" Nishikata asked holding a blanket.

"Yep" Takagi said.

Nishikata lied the blanket down on the ground and sat down and Takagi sat down beside him.

" So you picked a nice spot on a hill far away from everyone else... what exactly are you planning to do with me?" She asked making Nishikata turn into a tomato.

" N-no I'm not planning anything!" He said defensively.

" Just joking Nishikata-kun" She said with a small laugh at him.

'Damnit' He thought to himself.

"Hey Takagi-Chan and Nishikata kun!" It was Mano with Nakai and they were walking towards the two with their own blanket.

" Hi Mano chan and Nakai-Kun" Takagi happily greeted them.

" What are you two doing here? " Nishikata asked.

" We saw you two come up here and we decided to join you two" Nakai explained.

" I wanted us to be alone together" Mano mumbled to herself.

" And we decided to join you two" Nakai laid out his own blanket.

" Stop you two! " The four people heard the voice of Yukari and they saw Mina and Sanae coming up with Yukari behind the two.

" I knew they were up here! This looks like a good place to see the fireworks!" Mina laid down her blanket.

" Yeah yeah" Sanae said in response.

"Im sorry you guys" Yukari said to Nishikata, Takagi, Nakai, and Mano.

" It's alright" Takagi smiled.

"The more the merrier!" Nakai said.

"See Yukari they have no problem with it!" Mina said opening up a can of soda.

"Mina let me have some" Yukari nudged her.

"Fine just don't drink much and keep your lips off of it! " Mina instructed.

Sanae ignored everything she said not to do.

Suddenly the loud sound of fireworks going off could be heard going off in the distance.

Everyone turned to see fireworks going off one after another in the dark sky as they light up the sky.

Nishikata felt something lean onto his shoulder.

It was Takagi and this made him feel embarrassed.

"T-takagi-san.... W-we shouldn't be doing anything in front of our friends" He said.

" Mina-chan and Sanae-chan are too busy arguing with their drink. Yukari-chan is trying to stop them. And Mano-chan and Nakai-Kun are focused on the fireworks. Besides it's just me on your shoulder and it feels nice" She said snuggling into him just making him even more embarrassed.

He just blushed the whole time and could barely focus on the fireworks but he was still happy that Takagi was with him.