Chapter 18: New job

Jobs suck. Except for this one. Except I don't get paid. Unless you follow me then I get paid in followers.

"Remember that your job is mainly to take orders and give them their food. Did you study the packet you were given last week?" Asked a tall man.

" Yes sir! " Said Nishikata.

"The this shouldn't be a problem. Oh and look you already have your first customer. Get to it" Said the man retreating to the back of the restaurant.

' Alright Nishikata this is your first day. You got this. Just turn around and greet the customer.

"H-hello may I help y-

" Hey Nishikata" Said Takagi.

' Sure why not? ' Thought Nishikata.

"T-takagi-san what are you doing here?" Asked Nishikata.

" I told you that I was going to come see you at work" Said Takagi.

" I didn't think you were serious! " Said Nishikata.

"Haha. You know I would never lie to you. Now are you going to show me to my table? " Asked Takagi smiling in pure joy.

" R-right this way" Mumbled Nishikata.

He took her to a table in a corner away from the other customers.

"There is quite a few people already here"Said Takagi sitting down.

" Yeah luckily where you are is my section so I'm not busy at all. Now what do you want? " Asked Nishikata taking out his notepad.

" I will take a cup of water and the unlimited salad and breadtsticks" Said Takagi placing her menu down.

" Alright I'll be right back" Said Nishikata finishing his writing.

He took the menu and went to the back and brought back a cup of water.

"Here ya go Takagi-san" Said Nishikata.

"Thank you Nishikata. I have to say you look like an adult now that you are working" Said Takagi.

" Ha. Yeah I guess I am pretty grown up now huh" Said Nishikata feeling proud of himself.

" Yes. Maybe I'll come here to work and be an adult with you" Said Takagi.

" Wha-No! Don't do that! " Said Nishikata.

" Why not? " Asked Takagi.

" Because you would tease me even at work! " Said Nishikata.

" Oh do I really tease you that much? I wonder" Said Takagi with her finger under her chin.

" All the time! " Said Nishikata.

" Well if I got to tease you at work that would make it more fun.... For me at least" Said Takagi smiling.

Nishikata mumbled to himself as he went to the back again and brought salad and breadtsicks.

"Here ya go Takagi-san. Do you want some cheese?" Asked Nishikata.

"Yes please" Said Takagi.

Nishikata brought out his cheese grater and began to put cheese on her salad.

"Say when" Say Nishikata.

Takagi just stood smiling looking at him for a few seconds.

"Say when" Repeated Nishikata.

Takagi still just stood there.

"Takagi-san you can say when now" Said Nishikata.

Takagi began to chuckle but still didn't say anything.

"Takagi-san please my arm is starting to hurt"Said Nishikata.

After another few seconds he ran out of cheese.

"I'm good now" Said Takagi.

"" I-i'll be right back" Said Nishikata.

He went to the back and refiled his cheese grater and came back to Takagi.

"Thank you Nishikata. I just love how you didn't give up" Said Takagi eating her salad.

" W-well I'm not supposed to stop until you say so" Said Nishikata.

"True but I think most people would have just ignored the rules. Your just really nice Nishikata. That's what I like about you" Said Takagi flashing him a smile that made his heart melt.

" Hey Nishikata-kun you got some more customers coming in! " Said a waitress from across the room.

" Let me know if you need anything else" Said Nishikata moving to his new customers.

" Okay" Said Takagi returning to her food.

* 30 minutes later.

After the customers left he went and grabbed a box used to carry trash and dishes.

He cleaned up the mess pretty easily and even received a few hundred yen as a tip.

' Oh that's right Takagi-san! ' Thought Nishikata.

He went over to her table to find that she was already gone.

However there was a small note. He opened it up and about 3,000 yen fell out ( About 28 us dollars)

He picked them up and placed them in his pockets and he read the note.

"Hey Nishikata thanks for the meal. I wish I could have talked to you some more but I understand that you are busy. I just hope we can still have time to walk from school and in school as well. And you did a really good job on your first day that I wanted to give you a extra tip. See you in class"

Nishikata later put the note on his bedroom wall.