Chapter 15: Dance

End of the first year for them.

"You look really nice son" Said Nishikata's mom.

Nishikata was dressed up in a black tux with a tie and black pants and jeans.

"Thanks for the help mom" Said Nishikata.

" Have fun with that Takagi girl" Said Nishikata's mom.

" Wha- how did you know?" Asked Nishikata.

" Just a hunch. She seems like a nice girl. Bring her over one night for dinner" Said Nishikata's mom.

" M-maybe oh look at the time I gotta get going!" Said Nishikata running out of the door to find Takagi waiting for him.

"Hey Nishikata" Said Takagi dressed up in a beautiful dress that made Nishikata blush.

"H-h-hey T-takagi-san" Said Nishikata trying not to stare.

"You look really handsome" Said Takagi furthering Nishikata's blush.

"T-thanks Takagi-san" Said Nishikata.

Takagi held out her hand.

" But it's just a dance!"  Whined Nishikata.

" We are still going to the school so it's still in the rules" Said Takagi.

Nishikata sighed to himself and accepted her hand. They both walked to the school eventually making it and they went inside to the gym.

It was filled with lots of decorations, some food,and plenty of music although not many were dancing.

"This looks fun huh Nishikata?" Said Takagi.

"Y-yeah" Said Nishikata.

" Hey Nishikata! " Called out Takao alongside Hamaguchi and Nakai.

"Hey guys!" Said Nishikata walking away from them as Takagi watched him leave.

"Hey Takagi-Chan!" Said Mano calling her over.

" Hello Mano-Chan,I haven't seen you much " Said Takagi walking over to her.

" A-are you here with Nishikata-Kun?" Asked Mano.

" Well... I was. Are you here with Nakai-kun?" Asked Takagi.

" I was but... He just can't take a hint! " Said Mano with her fists balled up.

" I know that feeling" Said Takagi looking at Nishikata with his friends.

"I just gotta hope he does something at the end of the dance" Said Mano.

"Hm? Why the end? " Asked Takagi.

" There is a rumour that the final song will be a slow dance. I hope Nakai-Kun will ask me to dance" Said Mano.

" I see... " Said Takagi looking ahead at Nishikata.

* A few hours later.

Sure enough the final song was a slow dance.

Nakai ended up dancing with Manao.

"Hey Nishikata shouldn't you be dancing with Takagi-san? " Asked Hamaguchi.

" W-why would I do that? " Asked Nishikata.

" Because she is your girlfriend" Said Hamaguchi.

" S-she is not! " Said Nishikata.

" Nishikata. What did we talk about? And she looks like she is waiting for someone to ask her" Said Takao.

Nishikata looked behind him and saw Takagi looking lonely. She looked at Nishikata and gave a smile to him.

"She seems fine" Said Nishikata.

"That's obviously a reason to invite her! You know you want to!" Said Takao.

"... Okay fine" Said Nishikata. He started to walk over to Takagi.

"H-h-hey T-takagi-san" Said Nishikata.

"Hey Nishikata" Said Takagi looking at Nishikata.

"S-so... I-i was w-wondering... If..." Said Nishikata.

"Yeah?" Said Takagi.

"If........ Y-you wanted to... D-

" Attention everyone that's the end of the final song. Please call your parents and wait outside or go ahead and walk home so the staff can clean up now" Said a teacher using a microphone.

" Well we have to go now" Said Takagi.

"Y-yeah I guess so" Said Nishikata.

They both left the school.

Nishikata waited for Takagi to reach for his hand, but she never did.

'Is she mad at me? She's never been mad at me' Thought Nishikata.

"Well this is my house. Have a good night Nishikata" Said Takagi.

She opened up the door to her house and started to walk but she felt someone grab he hand ans Force her back outside and she saw Nishikata's hand in her own.

"Nishikata?" Said Takagi.

"Takagi-san. Do you want to dance with me?" Asked Nishikata witha straight face that he only kept for a few seconds.

"I would love to" Said Takagi.

She pulled out her phone and played perfect by ed Sheeran.

She got close to Nishikata but he didn't do anything.

"What's wrong Nishikata?" Asked Takagi.

"I-ive never danced with anyone before" Said Nishikata blushing.

" I will show you" Said Takagi.

She grabbed both of Nishikata's hands and placed them on her shoulders and she placed her hands on his waist and she rocked back and forth with Nishikata soon following.

They danced and danced while looking into each other's eyes as the song played in the background with the light coming from the lamppost shinning down on them.

' I love you Nishikata. Please realize that soon' Thought Takagi.

They danced the night away, not even realizing that the song was over now. But they still danced together in the night, together.

No teasing. No games. Just them...

I ran out of motivation so I waited and I'm good now.