Chapter 14: Spring testing

This took longer than expected.

Before everyone knew it winter had come and gone and soon it would be time for spring break.

"Alright students. As we all know this will be our last week before our spring break" Said the teacher causing the class to erupt into cheers which took a few minutes to calm down.

"Now I know everyone is excited but unfortunately we have to take a test before spring break starts this Friday" Said the teacher getting groans in response.

" I suggest you all study very hard" Said the teacher as the bell rang dismissing class.

"Hey Nishikata are you prepared for the test?" Asked Takagi to Nishikata as they packed their school bags.

"I-i guess so." Said Nishikata.

"Well I'm going to the library to study later. Want to come along? " Asked Takagi.

" No way. I'm just going to get taught the wrong stuff again" Said Nishikata.

" Oh c'mon. I promise I won't do that again" Said Takagi.

"... W-why do you want to study together?" Asked Nishikata

" Because I want to spend time with you" Said Takagi making Nishikata blush.

" Wh-what?" Asked Nishikata.

"That way I can make up for you failing that one time because of me" Said Takagi.

" Oh.. okay then Takagi-san" Said Nishikata.

" Great let's meet there in one hour" Said Takagi.

" Why not go now? " Asked Nishikata.

" That way we can grab any notes or books we have at home and we can change out of our school uniforms" Said Takagi.

" Alright. I will see you there then" Said Nishikata.

"I'm looking forward to it" Said Takagi.

They both departed and went home to get ready.

After getting ready they both met up at the school.

"Hey Nishikata are you ready?" Asked Takagi.

"I guess so Takagi-san" Said Nishikata with his bags.

They both went inside and sat down at the first table they spotted.

Nishikata sat down first and expected for Takagi to sit across from him but she instead sat down right beside him.

"Something wrong?" Asked Takagi

"N-no" Said Nishikata blushing.

"Alright so how about we start with math?" Asked Takagi.

"That's fine with me" Said Nishikata

They both brought out their math textbooks and immediately started to study together.

' Geez. I don't know if I can concentrate with her like this. Plus she really could mess me up' Thought Nishikata as he started to write.

He looked over at her work and noticed she was on much harder problems then him.

' That's Takagi-san for you. She always gets good grades no matter what' Thought Nishikata.

"Hey Nishikata?" Said Takagi.

"W-w-what is it Takagi-san?" Asked Takagi.

"How about a contest?" Asked Takagi.

"No. I really need to focus" Said Nishikata.

" But this might help us both focus" Said Takagi.

"What is the contest then?" Asked Nishikata.

" When the test comes whoever has the highest score wins. And the loser has to do one thing the winner says" Said Takagi.

" Okay but what if it's a tie?" Asked Nishikata.

"Then we get no penalty" Said Takagi.

" Alright deal! " Said Nishikata.

For the next few days Nishikata and Takagi studied alongside together and soon came the day of the test.

To Nishikata he surprisingly knew almost everything. He only had trouble on two questions.

"Nishikata" Said the teacher holding a paper.

Nishikata went up to the teacher and got his paper and to his surprise he made an 90.

"Good job Nishikata" Said the teacher.

Nishikata went back to sit down smiling at Takagi.

" I got a 90 Takagi-san!" Said Nishikata smiling.

"Well looks like you have a good shot at winning" Said Takagi.

" Takagi" Said the teacher.

Takagi got up and got her paper and came back to Nishikata.

"So now you have to do one thing I s-

" 95" Said Takagi showing Nishikata her paper.

Nishikata banged his head on the table.

'How? Even if I pass I still fail to Takagi-san!' Nishikata thought to himself.

"It's too bad. I even got one wrong on purpose to give you a chance to at least win" Said Takagi.

" No way! " Said Nishikata.

"Yep. And now you have to do one thing I say" Said Takagi smiling.

" Alright alright... What do you want?" Asked Nishikata.

"I want you to go to the end of the school year dance with me for the whole night" Said Takagi.

"............ Huh? " Thought Nishikata.

Their first year is almost over but they will still have three more left.