Twenty-One.

Louis
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gemma and I sit in her living room as we wait for Anne and Harry to arrive back from the grocery store. Robin is off at work, so it's just the two of us.

Niall and Zayn won't stop calling and texting me about them wanting one direction to get back together, and the contract will be signed this Friday.. As in tomorrow.

The guilt is eating me alive, and I really don't know what to do right now.

If I sign, I'm going to let the band be finished for good, but if I don't sign, I'll break Harry's heart.

I feel like crying.. Since when has my life gone so complex?

"Louis you okay there?" Gemma suddenly asks. I look over to her.

"Y-Yeah.. I'm fine.. Don't worry about it." I quickly say scratching behind my neck and focusing my attention back on the Tv. An old episode of the walking dead plays, turns out Gemma loves the show as well.

I remember a lot of fans used to say I kinda look like Norman Reedus.

"No." She shakes her head. "There's something bothering you.. I know I haven't known you for such a long time, but I can easily tell when something's wrong with a person--"

"Nothing's wrong." I snap, making her flinch visibly.

Fuck.

"I-I.. I'm sorry I didn't mean to-- I'm sorry." I sigh, getting up from the couch and quickly walking out of the house and into their back porch.

That's when my phone starts to ring. I let out a frustrated sigh leave my mouth, and grab my phone out of my pocket.

Liam.

What the hell?

I feel my jaw clench as I read his name. I haven't talked to him since that day, he specifically clarified that it was my fault for the band to reach it's end.. He's probably just going to yell at me some more isn't he? Well this is the perfect chance to give him a piece of my mind.

"What the hell do you want Payne?" I hiss through the phone.

Liam sighs. "Hey Louis.."

"What do you want?"

"I'm sorry." He says. "I'm sorry for everything okay?"

"If you think an apology is going to make everything better then you're wrong."

"I know louis.. I'm really sorry okay? I know this isn't going to help, but Niall, Zayn and I need you... There's so much shit happening within our fandom.. When we broke up, I never realized how much it was going to affect them as well... I blamed you because I don't know okay? I'm a jack ass.. And I'm really sorry for that.. I know you don't want to get back in, but if you find it in your heart, don't do it for us, at least do it for our fans okay?"

I say nothing. I'm completely left with no words. I feel myself visibly tense up and grip my phone tighter against my ear.

"I.."

"You don't have to anything yet Lou.. I'm just really sorry.. But.. Please promise you'll consider this alright?"

"Alright.."

"Thank you so much." And with that he hangs up.

"Are you going to tell Harry?"

"W-What?" I turn around abruptly to face Gemma. She wears a worried look on her face as she leans on the wall with her arms crossed in front of her chest.