Chapter Eight: 17 Again

"He's what?!" Stiles shrieked from the other end of the phone. Scott winced and sighed heavily.

"he's 17 again...I don't know how either.. We found him burried inside some tomb with a bunch of nuggals on it.."  Scott says trailing off At Braedens voice behind him correcting him that the correct term is "Nagual" not Nuggal.

Stiles frowns deeply and the groan that escapes his lips causes Thalia who is currently eating macaroni at the kitchen table to look up at her 'mama' with a puzzled look.

"Mama.. Daddy?" She asks as she takes a big spoonful of a bite. Stiles nods his head slowly and puts up his pointer finger to his mouth signaling for her to wait until he's off the phone. She nods her head and Stiles turns around to look out the small kitchen window above the sink.

"This can't be happening... Just get him here as soon as possible please.. We'll figure this out.. Does he at least remember anything?" Stiles asks. His voice strained and his patience running thin. Scott looks back at a sleeping Derek and Nina just shrugs next to him.

"I'm unsure Stiles.. he's sleeping at the moment.. If he wakes up before we get home I'll be sure to call you first thing... Try not to worry"  Scott tells his best friend. He knows it's easier said than done. But he still had to tell him that. He doesn't like when his friend is all shook up and worried. It's not good for his kids either. Stiles just sighed and hung up the phone without another word. He sat down across from his daughter his son in the bassinet asleep In the loving room. He sighs heavily and his daughter sighs as well.

"Daddy?" Thalia pushes and Stiles smiles and nods.

"Yes, Lia. Your father is on his way.. I told you everything would be okay.." Stiles states and his daughter just nods. She has a small grin on her face that Stiles just loves so much.

"All finished with your food?" Stiles asks his daughter as he sees her poking around at the remains with her spoon. She looks up at Stiles and giggles.

"Yes mama" she states with a quick nod and passes her plate over to him. He grabs it while standing and takes it to the sink to wash it. Thalia jumps down from her chair and walks up behind Stiles. She hugs his leg and he instantly calms down at the touch of his daughter. He reaches behind him after wiping his free hand on the dry towel to stroke his daughters curls.

"As soon as I'm done with these dishes it's time to get ready for the night, alright princess?" Stiles states. Thalia nods and bounces away to the living room.

                      ****************

"Lia.. Stop splashing the water" Stiles states with a chuckle. Thalia squeals and continues to splash. Stiles just chuckles and shakes his head. There's no winning with this one.

"When's daddy comin' home" Thalia asks as she rubs her wet hair with her hands growling slightly at the texture. Stiles swats her hand away and shrugs.

"I'm not sure, Lia.. They should be here soon though.. Be patient.. Now let's finish your bath so you're all squeaky clean for bed" Stiles states and starts washing his daughter.

He here's the front door and before he has anything to say he here's Erica's voice. Stiles sighs.

"Giving Thalia a bath.. Can you get DJ ready for his bath please? I'll come get him in a moment" Stiles calls to Erica.

"Sure thing, batman. Oh! And I just talked to Nina.. They're an hour away." Erica calls back. Her information causes Stiles' heart to flutter. Yes Derek isn't himself. But he's still alive. And that's something he can live with if he has to.

After draining the water Thalia stands up and Stiles wraps the towel around her and picks her up placing her on the bathroom floor. She smiles as her "mama Stiles" dries her off.

"I love you, mama" Thalia says softly and Stiles looks in her daughters piercing green eyes and smiles bright.

"And I love you,little child of mine.. Now let's get dressed" Stiles purrs back and Thalia nods. She turns and grabs her clothes that are on the step stool and hands them to Stiles. He shakes his head.

"Remember what we said.. Time to start practicing dressing yourself. You've been doing great so far" he states and leans over kissing her head. She scowls and he just chuckles at her.

"I'll be giving your brother a bath. Come out when you're finished" he states and she frowns deeper but doesn't protest. Stiles leaves the bathroom and heads out to the living room where he finds Erica and his son just smiling at each other. Erica looks over to Stiles and she sighs in awe.

"I can't get over how perfect your kids are.. God.. Do you remember when we found out you were pregnant with Lia? " Erica trails off and Stiles nods with a smile in remembrance of that day 6 years ago.

"And now I have two beautiful children.." Stiles states extending his arms for his Son. Erica gladly hands him his baby and Stiles smiles down at Little Derek.

"Time to get you all clean now.. Yes it is.." Stiles cooes and DJ just giggles at his 'mamas' voice. Thalia runs out fully clothed and smirks at Stiles. Stiles nods and trudges away to give DJ a bath while Thalia cuddles up with Erica on the couch. All of them are feeling impatient but none of them say anything. All they can do is wait.

                                   ***

About an hour later Stiles hears a car outside. His heart drops to his chest and he runs to the door opening it. Both kids are asleep and Erica went to get food.

"Derek.." Stiles states from the door causing all of them to look up. Derek furrows his brows and Scott's eyes get wide and he shakes his head rapidly. Stiles frowns deeply but just nods. He steps aside for them to come in and he can't help but stare at Derek who is giving him a sarcastic amused look.

"Where are we now?" A confused 17 year old Derek asks while crossing his arms. Scott sighs.

"A friends house." Is all Scott says. Stiles' heart is heavy now but before he can speak Derek scoffs.

"This isn't what I meant about going home.. Where's my mother? " Derek asks and Stiles' eyes get wide. He looks at Scott and if he could snarl he would.

"You were supposed to call me." Stiles said flatly his eyes never leaving Scott's. Scott winced and face palmed.

"I forgot!" Scott shrieked and Stiles nodded.

"Yeah. Of course you did." Stiles deadpans and runs his hand through his quiff. He feels Derek's eyes on him so he looks over and raises a brow.

"Any reason why you're staring at me?" Stiles asks the teen. Derek just smirks.

"You smell nice" Derek says and Stiles sighs heavily. Unbelievable.