Chapter Nine: Home

"Where's my mother? I want to go home" Young Derek screeches. Scott sighs heavily and Stiles winces while pinching the bridge of his nose. It has to be scary for the kid. You wake up in a mysterious place with no memory at all of how you got there. Then Random strangers rescue you and bring you to another place that's unfamiliar. Scott takes a step closer to the seventeen year old Derek and grips his shoulder.

"Relax.. We'll take you to them soon.. " Scott says slowly with those puppy eyes that you just can't argue with. Unless you're Derek.

"I don't want to go soon. I want to go now. Take me now!" Derek demands causing the older wolf to growl.

"Derek. I said soon. Stiles...." Scott trails off looking to his best friend for some help. Stiles sighs and grabs Derek's arm and leads him onto the kitchen. Of course Derek follows. He isn't aware of what a mate bond is yet. But he still feels the effects of one, which means Stiles calms him. Stiles grounds him. Derek follows the man into the kitchen and they sit at the kitchen table. Stiles sighs and his eyes meet Derek's.

"We'll get you home okay?" Stiles says meaning every word. Although the home he means is his home. Where they are right now. He means he will find a way to change Derek back. Or to make him remember somehow. Derek nods and a small grin appears on his face.

"This is your home, right?" Derek asks and Stiles swallows the lump in his throat. He nods slowly and crosses his arms over the table.

"Yes.. I live here with my boyfriend and two kids" Stiles states and motions to the kitchen floor that has a few legos scattered around it. Derek's face frowns a bit and he's unsure why

"Where is your boyfriend right now?" Derek asks crossing his arms over his chest feeling a slight pang. Stiles chuckles.

"He's out." Is all he says causing Derek to nod. Stiles stands and walks to the fridge.

"Are you hungry?" Stiles asks the teen and Derek nods his head rapidly.

"Starving!" He states and Stiles chuckles.

"I'll make us something alright?... And try to relax.. I promise you.. We'll get you home soon" he states and Derek just nods.

"Good"