studying with hitoka

♥︎♥︎♥︎
may 11th, wednesday
twelve thirty-five p.m

SONG FEATURED FOR THIS CHAPTER
𝗺𝗶𝗱𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 ~
𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹 𝗶𝗻 𝗿𝗲𝗱

The next day at school, you were looking for someone to study with during lunch. 

Along with Hinata and Kageyama. They had asked Tsukishima but he rudely told you three to go away.

"Tsukishima. More like Sucky-shima!" Hinata grumbled.

"It'd help if you two were actually smart." You said.

"It's not like you're any smarter. Or you wouldn't be walking with us right now!" Kageyama yelled.

"Uh- I got ten more points than both of you on the last test. So you can shut up" you said.

He glared down at you, which sent chills down your spine.

You cleared your throat and said "respectfully..."

"THATS WASNT RESPECTFUL AT ALL"

"YEAH, WELL YOU YELLING ISNT RESPECTFUL EITHER!" You yelled back.

"Oh hey, Yamaguchi!" Hinata said. You and Kageyama turned around and saw the green haired boy standing behind you, chuckling.

"Hey. Why were they yelling at each other?" He said, pointing to you and Kageyama. Hinata shrugged his shoulders and grunted "i dunno"

You just smiled and waved. "Anyways, could you help us study english? Tsukishima wouldn't help us." Hinata asked him

"Oh, no sorry. I couldn't help you even if I wanted to. I'm terrible at English. But you know who can help you? That manager girl from yesterday! She's so smart, she's in class five." He told you.

"Oh right! That's a college prep class!" You said. He pointed to the classroom she was in.

"Thanks Yamaguchi! See you later!" You waved to him and walked with Hinata and Kageyama to Yachi's classroom.

You three stood in the doorway and scanned the room for Yachi.

You spotted her sitting at a desk with a drink in her hand.

"Hey, Yachi!" You called out to her.

She turned her head towards you guys and smiled.

You walked up to her. "Hey, Y/N!"

"Hi! I'm sure you remember Hinata and Kageyama? The volleyball guys from yesterday." You gestured to the boys next to you.

"Of course! What do you guys need?" She asked you.

"We need help studying for English." You said quickly.

"Yeah. That Four-Eyed Bully Jerk-Face Guy wouldn't agree to help us." Hinata grumbled.

She looked confused as to who he was talking about.

You told her not to worry about it and she nodded.

"If me and Kageyama don't get a good grade on the next test, we won't be able to go to Tokyo!" Hinata continued.

"It's 'if Kageyama and I..' we just went over that yesterday.." you scolded him

"Oh whatever, you understood me, so it doesn't matter." He grumbled.

"Whatever.." you turned to Yachi.

"We heard you're really smart, so we wanted to know if you'd be able to help us?" You asked.

She started to blush when you said the thing about you hearing she was really smart.

"O-oh I  wouldn't put it like THAT but-"

"Don't be so modest! You're taking a college prep class and you're only a first year. You'd have to be pretty intelligent to be here." You said.

"Yeah! So, will you help us study?"said Hinata.

"Sure!" You and Hinata smiled, getting excited that someone was willing to help you guys.

"But I'm sorry if I'm not any nicer to you than that Four-Eyed Bully Jerk-Face Guy..." She said, dead serious.

"I...don't think that will be a problem." You winced.

You all pulled up chairs to her desk and got out your notebooks and pens to begin studying with her.

She helped you on things like how to take notes properly so that you'd remember things easily.

"You can also listen to music while studying. It can help you study more efficiently, but it's different for different people. Whatever helps you focus is better. I personally like to listen to lofi music while studying. What about you guys?"

"I like 80's music! Sometimes I listen to Miki Matsubara, even though her songs can be sad sometimes." you said.

"I listen to more American artists. I'm really into this one band, Queen. They were pretty famous in the 70's, I think." said Hinata.

"I think I've heard of them too!" Yachi said.

"What about you, Kags?" You asked Kageyama

"Um, I don't know. I don't listen to music all that often. But, if I had to choose, I guess Arctic Monkeys has some pretty good songs." He says.

"That's a cool band!" Yachi said.

"Recently, I've been listening to this one artist and she's named 'girl in red'" Yachi started.

She caught your attention once she said "girl in red."

could she be? maybe? straight people can listen to her and still be straight, right?

should I ask her? no, it's obvious she's trying to tell me something. or could it be a coincidence? no, she's definitely attracted to girls in a way-

"No way, me too! Which song is your favorite?" You asked her.

"Um, probably the one called 'midnight love'. I listen to it the most. What about yours?" She said, blushing.

"I like the one called 'girls'. But I like 'midnight love' too." You said.

She got this adorable smile on her face and the shade of light pink filled her cheeks.

god, who gave her permission to be this adorable-

After you all finished studying, you started to put away your notebook.

While Yachi was distracted talking to Hinata, you took a pen and wrote your number down on her notebook with a little heart next to it.

She looked down at her paper just as you put the pen away.

"What's this?" She asked.

"My number. Call me sometime, okay? We can study some more or just hang out, if you want?" You said, getting up from your seat and putting the chair back.

"O-Okay. Would Hinata and Kageyama want to join us too?" She stuttered.

"No, no. Just the two of us. If that's alright with you?" You said

She got more flustered when you mentioned that it'd only be the two of you.

"S-sure! I-I'll text you!"

"Alright. See you around, Yachi!" You threw your bag over your shoulder and waved to her as you walked out of the classroom with the guys.

"Look at you flirting." Hinata boasted as you walked through the classroom door.

"Yeah, I'd suggest you go ahead and take some notes." You smirked.

You walked past the boys and went to your next class

♥︎♥︎♥︎