barbecue!!

A/N: LMAO I KNOW I JUST DID THIS BUT THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1.09k  READSNAKOWKED

♥︎♥︎♥︎

Once everyone cleaned themselves up and finished practice for the day, all of the players walked out onto the field behind the gym where all the food was set up.

You were helping Fukurodani's manager, Kaori, cut vegetables when everyone was getting ready to eat.

Coach Nekomata said a few words to the boys and finally gave everyone permission to start eating.

You enjoyed yourself by spending time with your brother and his friends.

You got to know Kai and Bokuto the most. Kai was nice and funny and someone you enjoyed talking to.

Bokuto was a big ball of energy and had the maturity level of Hinata. The only time he's ever being serious is when he's on the court or when it comes to Akaashi.

Throughout the week, he developed the nickname "Tiny" because of how small you are compared to him, even if you're the average height for a teenage girl.

You were talking to Yaku, Kai, and Suga with a plate of meat and rice in your hand.

"Hey, that manager girl of yours. Is she okay?" Yaku pointed out, making you three turn your heads.

You looked over and saw her standing behind a bunch of guys in front of a grill. She was nervously shuffling around behind them but she couldn't get through the small crowd.

"Oh. I'll be right back. Hold this, please?" You handed Suga your plate and he nodded, diving back into conversation with the two other boys.

You walked up to her and put a hand on her shoulder. Hitoka frantically turned around as she yelped. She took one look at you and was able to quickly calm her nerves.

"Sorry, did I scare you?" You chuckled softly. "Yeah, a little. It's fine, though." She smiled. You glanced down at her plate and wondered why it was empty.

"Aren't you hungry? Why don't you grab some meat or something?" You asked.

"Um, I can't exactly go through. And I'm too nervous to ask.." she said sheepishly.

"Aw, it's okay." You muttered. You looked up at one of the guys standing in front of you and tapped him on the shoulder. He looked behind him and raised an eyebrow.

"Hi, sorry. Could you move over? She's trying to get some food and can't reach." You asked simply, gesturing to the girl next to you.

"Oh, yeah. Of course. My bad." He chuckled kindly as he made space for the both of you. You smiled and said thanks.

"Here, sweetie. Pick anything you want." You told her. She barely even payed attention to your words as she hungrily looked at the meat cooking in front of her.

She rose her chopsticks up to a burnt and shriveled up piece of meat on one corner of the grill.

"Maybe don't eat that one. It's all burnt." "Oh yeah. You're probably right." She chuckled.

She happily picked up a few pieces of meat along with a few vegetables, curtesy of you telling her they're good for her health.

She finished filling her plate and she went back with you to grab your plate from Suga. You noticed one live was missing from when you left.

You glared up at him and he looked down at you. "What?" "Did you seriously take a piece off my plate?"

"Ummm- no. No, I didn't." He lied. You rolled your eyes and took a piece of meat off his plate and you left with Hitoka to go sit somewhere to eat before he could yell at you for taking his food.