looking at saturn

A/N: to set the mood, you can start playing the music around the part where Yachi and Y/N are reading in the bedroom and keep it playing throughout the story if you want :)

♥︎♥︎♥︎

"I can help clean up!" She insisted.

"No, you're my guest. I'll clean up. You can keep me company though."

After you two finished eating, you cleaned up the kitchen while you let Hitoka sit at the kitchen island and continue to read the Shatter Me book.

it's so cute how she's obsessed with that book.

Once you finished cleaning, you made some hot chocolate for you both to drink.

You walked over and sat next to where Hitoka was sitting and handed her the mug with hot chocolate in it. "Thanks, y/n." "You're welcome." You smiled, taking a sip.

You noticed that the page Hitoka was on was around the middle of the book. Your eyes widened. "Hitoka, you're already halfway through?" She looked up.

"What? Oh yeah! I guess I was so invested in the book, I didn't even notice how far I was." She said, now noticing that she was turned to the middle of the book.

"wow, you must really love that book."
"Well, yeah! Its a really good book." she smiled before taking a sip from the chocolate.

"You know, they call people who enjoy reading books a bookworm." "A bookworm?" She chuckled after taking a sip. You nodded.

"I don't think I wanna be named after a worm. Worms are gross and slimy." She said, shivering a little. "Not a big fan of bugs, huh?" "Absolutely not. They gross me out. And they always tend to look gross, too."

"Well, what about butterflies? They're not gross, they're pretty!" You suggested. "Yeah sure, their wings look cool, but they're faces up close are terrifying." You thought about that for a second and realized it was true that up close, butterflies looked like every other beetle you'd find on the street. Ugly.

"I get that. But now that I think about it, a new nickname for you would be nice. It just seems really formal for me to be calling you "Hitoka" all the time. I like it, but maybe a cute nicknames might sound better." She nodded.

"Hmm, what are some of your favorite things? Maybe we can find a nickname for you regarding that." You asked her.

"Hm, let's see. My...favorite food is fugashi!" She smiled. "I'm not calling you fugashi." You both laughed at that. "That's fair."

"What about flowers? Or favorite animals?" "uhm, my favorite animal? I have a lot, so it'd be hard to just pick one. But I'd say my favorite kind of flower would be sunflowers!"

"my sunflower." I LIKE IT!! IT FITS HER PERFECTLY!

"Sunflowers. I like that. Okay. I'll remember that." You chuckled.

A few minutes after talking for a bit more, it had just turned 10 at night. You smiled when you looked at the time and gently took Hitoka's hand while getting up.

"Ok. Hitoka, come on. I wanna show you something cool." "Aw! But the book!" "You can read it later, I promise! Come on!" You chuckled, gently dragging her outside to your backyard porch.

There were string lights that surrounded a seating space, where you and Hitoka sat down and a telescope for you two to look at the night sky.

There was also some soft blankets for you and her to sit on so she'd be more comfortable when sitting on the floor.