leaving home

friday, july eighth
six a.m
♥︎♥︎♥︎

Y/N wakes up to her blaring alarm.

The sun's shining through the window as she picks up her phone and turns off the alarm.

She drops it on her chest and rubs her face.

Today's the day she'd be leaving for the airport.

Everything in her room had either been shipped away on a ship to New York, given away, sold, or thrown away.

And the rest of her belongings have been stuffed away into suitcases.

The only thing left is her blanket which she had used to sleep with and her clothes.

Her and Asahi's room were as empty as the day they moved into the apartment.

She kicked the blanket off and went to get ready for the airport.

She got dressed in a hoodie and biker shorts before fixing her hair.

Her and Asahi got their stuff together and left the apartment.

Their mother was nowhere to be found, of course.

They left the apartment and went to get breakfast from Ukai's convenience store.

When they walked in, Ukai was working the cash register.

"Hey, you two." He greeted them.

"Hi, coach." The siblings said at the same time.

"You got breakfast?" Y/N asked.

"I got half a sandwich and a banana." Ukai shrugged.

"Blech." Y/N stuck her tongue out and went to the freezers to look for food.

Asahi and Ukai began talking amongst themselves while Y/N looked for food.

She found an egg sandwich and grabbed a bottle of water before going up to the counter.

"Are you excited for New York?" Ukai asked as he started ringing everything up.

"Sure. Can't wait to spend ninety nine cents on a slice of pizza that's more grease than actual food." She said sarcastically.

"Aw, come on. I'm sure there's more to America than you think." He said.

"I guess." She shrugged.

Ukai patted her shoulder and smiled.

"You'll be fine."

"Thanks, Coach." She says.

Asahi goes to get his food before they pay.

They said their final goodbyes but Asahi took a little longer than Y/N.

She hugged him and said thanks for never telling her brother about the night she snuck out with her friends.

She had sat in the car and cried a bit when watching Ukai hug Asahi.

In the short time he knew him, Ukai's been the father figure Asahi needed even though they're a couple ten years apart in age.