my girlfriend

You woke up the next morning to the sound of shuffling. You moved your hand slowly around the bed to feel for Hitoka but she was nowhere around you.

You groggily slit your eyes open and blinked a few times before you saw Yachi folding a blanket, not next to you.

You groaned when the sunshine pouring from the blinds shined into your eyes. You pulled the comforter over your head and closed your eyes in the comfort of the dark.

"Good morning, Y/N." Yachi's voiced chimed. You smiled as the memories from the previous night began rushing back into your mind. "Morning." You groaned.

You heard her chuckle. The bed sunk a bit as Yachi sat down next to you. She pulled down the comforter from your face. "Hello?? Is anybody there?" She joked, gently poking your cheeks.

You chuckled and shoved the side of your face into the pillow. She laughed and kissed your cheek.

"Your was mom nice enough to make us breakfast. She told me to come wake you up but I got distracted by cleaning." She said, rubbing your shoulder.

Your eyebrows furrowed as she mentioned your mom. "My mom? She's here?" You said, starting to sit up.

"Yeah. I woke up and she was already downstairs cooking." She said, confused. "Is something wrong?" She asked.

"Huh? No. I just uh- my brother and my mom got into an argument a few weeks ago and she left the house. I didn't expect her to be home today, is all." You explained.

"Oh. Was it serious? Is Asahi okay?" She asked, sitting back down. You smiled softly and placed your hand on top of hers.

"Yeah, he's alright. It's nothing you need to worry about, okay?" You said.

"Alright. But, are you okay?" She sighed.

"Of course. Spending time with you already makes me feel better." You said before kissing her cheek and sitting up.

She blushed as you both sat up and walked out of the room.

You grabbed your phone before you left and followed her down the stairs and into the kitchen.

To your surprise, there she was.

Making breakfast and putting it on on plate, in a good mood and everything.

this is weird. she's usually too hungover to cook us breakfast..

"Good morning sweetie. Here, eat up. I made eggs, bacon and pancakes." She said, weirdly nice. She put the plate on the kitchen island for with a cup of orange juice.

As she held her hand out, you could make out the distant and weak scent of weed.

ohhh, she must be high.

You lifted an eyebrow in suspicion as you took a plate and the juice. "Thanks, I guess..." you walked to the dining table and sat down next to Yachi.

"Are you okay?" She asked you quietly. "Yeah. I'm fine. Thanks." You reassured her. She smiled and continued to eat the food.

You picked up your phone and texted Asahi to ask him about your mom.

sister <3: hey, did you know mom was home?

big bro 🧸: No? I was looking for her just two days ago but couldn't find her. She's home?

sister <3: yeah. she's acting weird. she made me and hitoka breakfast, which is something she'd literally never do. i think she's been smoking weed or something.