picnic dates

♥︎♥︎♥︎

Walking into the school, you realized Ani was nowhere to be seen during the whole barbecue.

she probably just left early or something. not that i care. im glad she left. now i don't ever have to see her again.

You thought as you entered the manager's room and heard faint talking in the corner of the room.

You saw Hitoka facing the wall with her phone up to her ear and talking indistinctly.

"Mom, I already told you I won't be in Miyagi all this week. And I did all my homework, I showed you." She said sounding irritated.

You knocked three times on the door, letting her know someone was in the room.

She turned around and let out a small breath of relief before smiling at you.

"Alright. Whatever, mom. I know I finished everything, my teachers just haven't updated anything. I'll talk to you later." She stated blandly before hanging up the phone and throwing it into her sleeping bag.

"Sorry, I didn't know you were on the phone." You said before walking over to her.

"No, you're okay." She chuckled. As you started to roll up your sleeping bag, you looked next to you and noticed your girlfriend was rambling quietly to herself while putting things away in a rush.

"Is everything okay, sunflower? You seem stressed all of a sudden." You asked.

"Not really. I just got into an argument with my mom. It's nothing important so you don't have to worry, okay?" She tried to give you a small smile but went back to rambling to herself.

"Well, I think you'd feel better if you talk about. You don't have to, of course, but I always feel better after telling someone about my problems." You said, sitting in a beanbag chair.

"Um- okay. So, when I told my mom I'd be out for the week with you guys, she seemed fine with it, considering she's almost never home." She started.

You gave Hitoka your undivided attention, paying attention to whatever she needed to say.

"So, she called me on the last day asking about some unfinished project, which I did finish. She said if I didn't do it or if I got a low grade, I couldn't go on the trip." She continued.

You grew confused. "What? Really? What'd you get on the project?"

"A perfect grade! My teacher is just lazy and won't put grades in until the next week. So my grade looks bad right now but she told me K for perfect marks. My mom saw my grade and just went crazy." She said.

She throws a couple of shirts into her bag.

"So, she yells at me saying "You should have studied. I told you you wouldn't be able to go if you failed." blah blah, whatever." She huffed.

"Oh, so she was getting mad at you for that? That's unreasonable-"

"Yeah.."

Hitoka started to pace the room in frustration.

You got up from your seat and put both hands on her shoulders, making her face you.

"Alright, okay. We definitely got that out of your system." You chuckled.

She laughed dryly and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Now, we should calm down before you break something." You rubbed her shoulders comfortingly as she took a deep breath.

"Yeah, okay. Thanks. I needed that." She said softly.

You kissed the top of her head and cupped her face. "Of course. And I'm sorry your mom is giving you a hard time about this. As soon as your teacher fixes your grade, everything will be okay."