being here without you

a/n: if you've ever seen heartstopper and remember the bowling alley for charlie's birthday, imagine that for this :DD

♥︎♥︎♥︎
thursday, september 2
eleven thirty a.m

Yachi sat at her usual lunch table with her friends. Her birthday was this weekend and her friends were celebrating at the bowling alley.

But she wasn't looking forward to it very much.

All her friends were going, even Y/N's friends who she got along with very well.

But she missed Y/N so bad that she wasn't in any mood to celebrate.

"Yachiii.." Yamaguchi sang, tapping her arm.

"Yeah?" She sighed out.

"Whats wrong? We've been talking about your birthday the whole lunch period and you've barely said two words." He said.

"Oh, sorry. What were you guys saying?" She asked, looking up.

"Just about what we were gonna do after. Go eat or just eat at the bowling alley." Tsukishima said.

"The bowling alley has food there. We can eat there." Yachi shrugged.

Yamaguchi adds, "Yeahh but I was kind of in the mood for fried chicken.. so..."

Yachi laughs. "I like fried chicken too. Let's get that then." She shrugged.

Hinata then adds in. "Oh, is it okay if I bring my sister? I couldn't find a babysitter." He winced.

"I don't mind." She shrugs.

"Oh." Him and Kegayama look at each other. They knew Yachi was nice but not this nice.

"Okay then." Hinata nods.

The boys all share looks before Yamaguchi speaks up.

"Hey, Yachi-"

"Sorry, Yama. I'll be right back." She said quickly,

She got up and took her trash to throw away. Once she did so, she went back into the school building.

"What's up with her?" Kageyama asked in a more sympathetic tone than expected.

"Isn't it obvious? She misses Y/N." Hinaya snapped.

"Okay, well, now I know that." He snapped back.

"Man, I feel bad for her. I wouldn't be able to handle a long distance relationship." Yamaguchi sighs as he turns back around to face the table.

"It's weird seeing her down like this. She's always so happy." Hinata said.

"We can't screw up her birthday party. You idiots need to behave so you don't put her in a worse mood." Tsukishima scolded.

"Hey!"

"I'm serious. Don't be saying stupid crap and get her even more upset." He said.