the aa meeting

♥︎♥︎♥︎
friday, march nineteenth
eight twenty-eight a.m.

After Valentine's Day, Y/N had been helping Akira get sober.

It's been really hard, and it's taken a toll on Y/N.

Nevertheless, she persisted.

She was even able to register her mother into a program.

One where Akira has a sponsor to call if she has thoughts about drinking, one where she goes to meetings every week, and one where she's provided alternatives to drinking and smoking.

Asahi doesn't have any knowledge, mostly because he stopped caring about his mother a long time ago.

Right now, Y/N was walking with her mom down a hall in a conference center where the Alcoholics Anonymous meeting was being held.

"And you won't leave me in there by myself right?" Akira asked.

"I won't. I'll be right next to you the whole time. No one will know if I'm an alcoholic or not. Please calm down, mom." Y/N told her.

She was picking why her nails nervously and tucking her hair back every few seconds.

"You'll be fine." Y/N nodded.

The mother and daughter walked into the room with a handful of other people that either looked like Akira or healthier than her.

Everyone was scattered around, drinking coffee and talking quietly.

Akira kept her head down as she walked with Y/N's arm hooked with hers.

"You want some coffee?" Y/N muttered.

Akira nodded and they went to get a cup.

As they both got their own cups, the meeting started.

They got the seats closest to the back.

Everyone took their seats and an American looking woman stepped to the front where everyone could see.

"Hi everyone. I'm Jackie. I'm so glad to see everyone here." She smiled.

"I see a few new faces today. Would any of you like to come up and introduce yourselves?" She asked.

Jackie's eyes made their way to Y/N and her mom.

"You don't have to go up there if you don't want to." Y/N whispered.

"Are you sure?" Akira asked.

"Yeah. We can just listen." Y/N reassured her.

Akira nodded and they both looked back up when another person walked up to the front.

For the next two hours, they listened to people talk about their lives and what made them want to drink.

And what they were gonna do to stop.

Akira had loosened up by the end of it, not picking at her fingers anymore.

Once it was over, they got up to talk to Jackie.