sonya sotomayor high school

♥︎♥︎♥︎
july tenth, sunday
five twenty-five a.m

Y/N was almost going to pass out from exhaustion.

They'd been traveling for over twenty hours without a shower or a minute to relax.

The siblings were finally able to breathe when they sat down in their empty apartment on the wooden floor, eating McDonald's.

They thought it was delicious. Y/N especially loved the fries.

"So, when's our stuff gonna get here?" Y/N asked.

"Tomorrow. So tonight, we'll sleep on the air mattresses we bought. Then tomorrow, a truck will drop off our stuff, so we'll have our beds and dressers and everything else." Asahi explained.

"Okay. Man, this place is so nice. How can we afford it?" She asked.

"I've been saving up for years. And did a lot of research. Did you know, people can pay up to over a thousand dollars for an apartment only big enough for one person?" He started.

"That doesn't seem so bad." Y/N shrugged.

Asahi put his food down and pulled his phone out to show Y/N an apartment that was only big enough for one person and that cost 1,500 dollars a month in rent.

Her jaw was on the floor.

"Just for that tiny space? Oh my god, that would drive me insane." She laughed.

"I know. And New York is insanely expensive, but luckily, I already have a job at a fancy bookstore."

"No way, really?" Y/N smiled.

"Why are you surprised?"

"I dunno. I kind of assumed your English was as bad as mine." She shrugged.

"That's the thing. The owner is Japanese. So while I'm still learning English, it'll be easier to talk him while I'm there" He said.

"Cool. So, do I have to get a job too?"

"Not until you learn some decent English." He answered.

She groaned and threw her head back.

"You seriously can't expect to move to an English speaking country and not learn English." He scolded.

"I'm gonna learn! Just not overnight, damn." She muttered.

Asahi chuckled slightly.

The situation wasn't ideal. They had to get used to a lot of new things. The time, the people, the culture, society, school, money, those things and more.

But they weren't going through it all alone.

♥︎♥︎♥︎
august twenty-ninth, saturday
seven-fifteen a.m.

Y/N stood in front of the large red entry doors, terrified to death.

She was about to enter an entire new school in an entirely new country with entirely new rules and community.