rainy days

TRIGGER WARNING:

I WILL BE TALKING ABOUT SUBSTANCE ABUSE IN THIS CHAPTER, SO IF YOURE SENSITIVE TO THAT KIND OF STUFF, I REALLY RECOMMEND YOU SKIP THIS CHAPTER.

Asahi's POV:

The house stank like weed as you walked in the house with Asahi behind you. "jesus..." He muttered, looking around. You both looked at each other.

"Get upstairs and close the door to your bedroom. Open the window once you get up there. and all the other rooms, okay?" He told you.

You did as he said, quickly taking your shoes off, pulling your shirt over your nose and walking upstairs into your room.

Asahi walked into the kitchen and saw his mom and four other men at the dinner table, just laughing and they were all holding joints in there hands. They all had red, dilatated eyes and he had no idea who any of them were.

Complete strangers, in his house, acting as if they were welcome to smoke here. Asahi started coughing as the scent got too intense for his lungs.

"You all need to get out. I don't care where you smoke but you can't do it here." He demanded, covering his nose with the inside of his elbow.

They all complained at first but eventually they nodded and leisurely walked out of the house one-by-one.

Asahi opened the back door to try to let the smoke out and get some fresh air in. "Aw, you're no fun." His mom pouted.

"They were good people, why did you have to kick them out?" She complained.

"Good people? I may not know anything about them, but I know they're complete strangers. And you invite them in like something couldn't have happened to you! God, how are you so stupid sometimes?"

He muttered the last part to himself but she heard him. "You sound just like your father, you know. I don't even know why he stuck around so long. I know he never loved me." She said, leaning back into her chair.

"He did. You just went down the wrong path and he fell out of love. Even me and Y/N saw that. And it hurt to watch." He muttered the last part.

"Yeah. Not shit he fell out of love. Not just that. He hated and resented me. Plus, he never approved of my teensy-weensy pot addiction. He called it that but I'm not addicted. He always said I was being 'an irresponsible mother.' Can you believe that?" She chuckled.

"Yeah I can. And I know exactly why Dad never left you. It's cause he knew me and Y/N wouldn't have made it with you as little kids."

"Oh shut up. I've done a perfectly good job raising you two. It's not my fault your dad taught you to be such a pussy."

He scoffed, not even fazed by the nasty remarks his mom made about him and his dad.

"You know what, why do I even bother. In 24 hours, you wont even remember we had the conversation." He chuckled to himself.

"Hey, Akira. You coming with us?" One of the four men had popped their head into the room.

"hmmm, i don't know." She mumbled. She looked at Asahi and he just rolled his eyes and looked at his intoxicated mom.

"Just go. get out of here." He said, rubbing his forehead in frustration. "If you say so.." She smiled and left the house.

she's a fucking nurse, how does she not realize what she's doing is unhealthy?  know what? whatever. once i turn eighteen, i'll move away from here with y/n and we'll never have to see her again. i just have to bear with it until then.