25

A/n - its my bday, and I'm buzzed, so here's my gift to you....

An hour or so after the USA game, Logan was determined to find out what was going on between the Germany team, which consisted of many of her friends from her time with Bayern, and Kelley. At first Logan wasn't sure she was seeing what she thought she was seeing. Maybe her mind was jumping to conclusions, not aided by the gossip train that departed with her Canadian teammates all happily onboard. 

No. It wasn't until the blonde spoke with her brother that she was sure something was going on. Kevin wasn't one for gossiping, but his astute, curious mind led him to needing answers to questions that would bug him - today those questions revolved around 'Kelley and The Germans'. Unfortunately for his eager mind, his sister didn't have any answers.

Yet.

"Are you joining us for movie night?" Jessie asked in a sing-song tone as she plopped down on Logan's bed. The younger girl was extremely comfortable with her vice-captain, much to Scott's confusion, they hadn't really had a chance to truly get to know one another, but the Seattle native was sure that Jessie would see that they eventually do get to sit down and bond.

"Maybe later." Logan shrugged as she opened her laptop, waiting for the video call she had scheduled. 

"Why not now?" The brunette sulked comically.

"I'm waiting for a call," Logan chuckled. "It shouldn't take too long, just let me know what room you'll be in and I'll be there...eventually."

"You got it, Captain." Jessie smiled as she shimmied to the edge of Logan's bed as the blonde watched from her desk chair, before she dramatically stood to her feet and releasing a small huff of air.

"I'm not Captain."

"Okay then, Vice Captain." 

There was a pause of silence as Jessie goofily saluted Logan, a toothy grin on her face before the two laughed. 

"You're annoying." The blonde shook her head, despite the smile on her face. The younger girl reminded her of her brother before he was fostered, she missed the happy-go-lucky Kevin, but Jessie was definitely filling that gap in her heart. 

"You love it, I can tell by the smile on your face." 

"And the way I don't kick you out?" Logan asked, her eyebrow rising in question.

"Exactly." Jessie grinned again. "You could never throw me out."

"Give it time." Logan smirked, softly chuckling as Jessie's happy expression fell. Before the brunette could retaliate, a melodic tune erupted from the blonde's laptop, she was finally getting that call.

"Saved by the...stupid music." Jessie grumbled as she stomped her way to the door of the hotel room. "Later, mom!"

"Shut up, or you're grounded!" Logan yelled, and she could hear Jessie's laugher from the other side of the door.

Logan took a deep intake of air, slowly exhaling to calm herself as she accepted the call. The screen was black as it connected to the caller before color erupted from the screen. The older Scott couldn't help the smile that clawed its way onto her face as she took in the sight of her two favorite people, minus Kevin and Alex...and maybe Kelley.

"Hallo!" Melanie grinned, tears welling up in her eyes as she looked at Logan smiling back at them.

"It's good to see you, Bärchen." Leo smiled softly as heat rushed up Logan's neck.

The nickname always killed Logan, and she loved that it didn't disappear when she had broken things off with the German duo.

"Hey, it's so good to see you both." The Canadian grinned. "You have no idea."