23

"I'ma have the last laugh,
'Cause the second you forget me,
Is the second that I come right back."
— FLETCHER

Kevin had his nose stuffed in a physics book while he sat at the local library with his little group - Jessica, Clay and Dylan. The four were often found together to the point it was unusual to see one without the other three. The peaceful silence was cut short with the buzzing of Kevin's phone, the sixth time in the last hour.

"Maybe you should tell Clarissa or even Logan." Jessica frowned. She, nor Clay or Dylan, had to ask who was calling the once-blond-now-brunette boy.

"I doubt they could do anything to make it stop."

"I dunno, dude." Clay started, taking a sip of his water. "Logan would scare me into never talking to you again."

"That's real friendship." Dylan states, a sarcastic smile on his face.

"It's not just about them being able to do anything." Jessica insists, ignoring the other two boys. "It's about keeping them in the loop, and besides don't you think Logan should know that your dad is blowing up your phone all day?"

"She's got a point. I would want to know." Clay nods.

"Fine."

In Orlando, Logan was just leaving after training, Ashlyn, Ali and Alex tagging along, when the blonde's phone started to ring. The sun reflected off the screen and hit Ashlyn in the eyes, preventing her from snooping.

"Nope. Not today." Logan sighed, briskly putting her phone back in her pocket and turning to the sound of a groan.

"Sometimes I just hate the sun." Harris continued to grumble, wiping the tears from her watery eyes.

"Shouldn't snoop." Was all Alex said as she kept pace with Logan. "Everything okay?"

Looking behind her to see Ali tending to her fiancée, Logan turned back to Alex.

"It's just my mom again. Guess she seen I was back in the States. She's only what...six months late?"

The four reached a small café, one of Alex's favorites and sat down together after ordering. The lovebirds sat beside one another leaving Alex and Logan on the other side of the table. Not that they would complain, the two had grown exceptionally close during Logan's residence in Orlando, and in all honesty the only person complaining was Kelley. The freckle-faced woman was always paranoid that the two would talk about her and that Alex was maybe sharing too many of her secrets.

Alex wasn't, and the two wouldn't talk about Kelley behind her back like that, but it was too much fun teasing her and watching her sweat and panic, that Alex and Logan decided not to tell her the truth. The only time Kelley was brought into their conversations at all was when O'Hara called either of them or someone else brought her into it, like now.

"I have a question. It's a serious question and I want an answer." Ashlyn began, sipping her coffee before placing the mug back on the table. "No. I need an answer."

Logan shrugged her off, "You can't sue my phone, or the sun, for temporary blindness, Ash."

"Shut up." Ash grumbled as a ripple of laughter passed over the table. "Are you and Kelley dating?"

And just like that the laughter abruptly stopped and three sets of eyes were on the Canadian pro who was looking anywhere but at the three American's with her.

"I'm glad someone else asked." Alex could be heard muttering under her breath.

"We're...um, anyone need a refill?" Logan asked.