AAO Part 4

(I do not own the images to these stories.)
**********************************************
Serena entered the ballroom, and was taken aback by how amazing everything looked. The entire room was decorated as if they were in Ancient Greece. Even the waiters and the waitresses were in full regalia, as they were all dressed in togas. But not just bedsheets thrown together for a frat party. Everything, and everyone looked classic.

As she made her grand entrance, she felt as though all eyes were upon her. It was a little uncomfortable, as she was not used to warranting so much attention. She had always considered herself a plain Jane, living in an ordinary world. But for the first time in her life, she felt like an attractive woman who was a part of high society.

As she made her way across the ballroom, she made eye contact with Xander. Was he staring at her in awe?  Was it even possible that a man like him, could ever look at her in such a way? The very thought of it made her body quiver with anticipation. As they continued to look into one another's eyes, a smile crept upon Xander's face.

Before Serena even realized what was happening, Xander started to make a beeline right towards her. It was as if that very moment, had come right out of a fairy tale. Serena felt like the average peasant girl, being notice for the first time by the handsome prince.

"You look lovely, my dear."  Xander told her, with a gleeful expression upon his face. His eyes seemed to be widening in astonishment as he looked at her.

"Thank you." She said, returning his smile. "You look quite handsome yourself."  If she thought Xander was gorgeous before, than there were no human words to describe how unbelievable he looked inn a tux.  She wasn't sure what brand he was wearing, but the fit suited him to a tee. But then again he was Xander Papadonis, and he would only have the best.

"I'm glad to see that I have gotten my money's worth from the spa." Xander told her. "That dress looks absolutely amazing on you!"

"Thank you." She said, as she could feel herself begin to blush. "I must admit, this is all new to me.  I've never been to such an extravagant event before, and I've never worn such an expensive outfit either. I really don't know what to say, you have been more than generous with me. Not just for the pampering, and the makeover. But for the scholarship, as well as all of the opportunities that you are bestowing upon me. I don't know what to say—except, 'thank you.'"

"You're welcome Serena." Xander said. "But I did it because you have such a strong mind, and I look forward to mentoring you. Teaching someone with a level of intelligence such as yours, has always been an ambition of mine. But even without that, the smile on your face alone makes it all worth it. Besides, we are both of pure Grecian blood. That is a rare commodity that few people can feel proud of."

"Well, now that I am here, I am a bit hungry." Serena informed him. "What do you recommend?"

"I realize that one should usually not start with dessert, but the baklava is amazing." He replied, Xander then smiled, and offered her his arm. "May I, my lady?"

"If you insist." Serena answered, as she gladly took his arm. Her heart began to flutter, as she couldn't help but feel giddy. It was a dream come true. There she was, walking arm and arm,  across a ballroom floor—with a handsome, successful man. If anyone would have told her five years ago, what she was doing at this exact moment, she would have thought that they were insane. The evening seemed perfect, and her head was spinning in some sort of a whirlwind. That was until—

"Oh Xander darling!" A voice, with a thick French accent, cried out from behind them. Both Serena, and Xander turned around to look for who had called out to him. Serena couldn't believe it!  The voice was coming from Minuet Morand—a well known French supermodel.  Serena was not one to be catty, but she remembered how some of her high school classmates used to refer to her as the "minute moron".