HES Author'sNotes

Well, I had always wanted to to write a story based on the folklore of Swan lake. I am just fascinated by the story dynamic between Odette, and Rothbart. So I want thank all of you for sticking by me until the story's end. I do hope that you enjoyed reading it, as much as I enjoyed writing it.

As it was stated in the story, there are 12 different endings to the ballet. The most poplar ending has both Siegfried, and Odette Plunging to their deaths in the lake of tears. The selfless act of love kills Rothbart, frees the rest of the swan maidens, and Siegfried and Odette end up together in heaven. The ending that I showed in the previous chapter is called the Nureyev ending. It is named after Ruldolf Nureyev who had choreographed it. He was a famous ballet dancer who was well known for playing Siegfried.

I wish there was a better example of that ending, I didn't think the dancer looked as though they were putting that much effort into it. But the score was amazing. It is the only ending where Rothbart ends up with Odette. So that is why I had shown that version at the end of the story. If interested,  and you have an entire hour to kill. You can view all 12 endings in the video below:

So for the most part, I knew how the story was going to end. Rothbart was always going to end up with Odette. However, the story was originally going to end with Fredrick discovering the painting, and has him crying out to Yvette. But Fredrick was such a likable character, I decided that he deserved a happy ending.

As for Christine, I kept going back and forth on her. At first she was going to be one of the swan maidens. Then she was going to be one of Odette's ladies in waiting, that got turned into a swan maiden. But when I decided to give Fredrick the happy ending, I wanted him to end up with Christine. At one point she was going to end up being Siegfried the First's wife. I was going to reveal at the end that Christine was actually her middle name, and that her first name was really Gertrude.

But since it had been mentioned in an earlier chapter that Rothbart's mother was an owl shifter, and that his father was a powerful sorcerer, I decided to make Christine the reincarnation of the owl shifter princess. Although it would be a while before I would write it, I thought perhaps that it was a good way to set up a possible prequel.

Fredrick was originally going to be Siegfried the first, but I wanted Odile to be Odette's daughter. To me it made a more interesting story. (In the original folklore Odette, and Odile were the same age, and not related. It was never stated who was Odile's mother. Odile and Odette did not look alike. Rothbart cast a spell on Odile to make her look like Odette, so they could fool Siegfried.). So that is why I created the Friedrick character, so that Odile could become an adult. Then mother  and daughter would both be in love with Friedrick. However, it had dawned on me that Odile was actually Friedrick's true love. Because of that I went back to Fredrick being Siegfried the First.

Once again, I hope you enjoyed the story. I am grateful to all of you, and I love all of my readers. So I went on Pinterest, and put "sexy male mythical creature" in the search engine. One of the images that came up was this guy:

I took one look at him, and was like Daammmnnnn!  😍 I looked up who this was on the site where the picture came from

I took one look at him, and was like Daammmnnnn! 😍 I looked up who this was on the site where the picture came from. I'm not sure exactly what he is, but to me he looks like a Satyr. Stay tuned!