HES Part 18

(I do not own the images to this story.)

****************************************

Excitement was throughout the kingdom, for it was the Princess Odette's birthday. Everyone, from the peasants to the nobles, was celebrating the day of her eighteenth year. There was to be a masquerade ball as well, but the ball itself was more than just a birthday celebration. It was also the official announcement of Princess Odette's betrothal to Prince Siegfried.

As Odette was getting ready, her handmaidens were in attendance. They seemed to be enjoying themselves, as they helped the young princess get ready for the ball. Everyone in the kingdom felt joyous about the grand occasion. Everyone that is, except for the Princess Odette. This was the day she had been dreading for the past ten years.

Odette remembered the bully that teased her mercilessly, and taunted her beloved swans. She also remembered how he tried to harm the owl, by throwing a rock at it, and causing the injured creature to fall from the sky. Yet she stood up to Siegfried, and in doing so, saved the owl's life.

The owl, whom she dreamed about almost every night, had not been in her dreams for the past s two months. Not since she had that nightmare about him being the evil owl king, and abducting her in the middle of the night. It frightened her, as he had tricked her into pledging her eternal love for him, while also forcing her to-

"Your gown, and your mask are here, you're majesty." One of the handmaidens informed her, as she had interrupted Odette's train of thought.  The handmaiden's eyes lit up, as she brought the costume to her. Odette of course, decided to go as a pure white swan. After all, they were her favorite animal, she had always admired their grace and beauty.

Odette looked at the mask, it was amazing. The royal seamstresses had done an amazing job on her costume. She then picked up the mask, and admired the fine craftsmanship. Perhaps she was dreading the party, but at least she knew her costume would make her feel beautiful. 

Odette then looked at the actual gown

Odette then looked at the actual gown. All of a sudden, her eyes widened as she became frightened. Her body began to tremble.  One of the handmaidens must have noticed.

"Are you alright your majesty?" The handmaiden asked, with a look of concern.

"Um, I'm-I'm fine." Odette replied as she gave her a shy smile. "I guess I'm just anxious about this evening."  But in truth, she was not fine. She didn't know how it was possible.  The gown was exactly the same, as the one she wore, when she danced with the owl king in her dream.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As the ball began, Odette made her grand entrance. With extravagant fanfare, all eyes were upon her, as she made her way to her parents.

"I hope you are enjoying your party, my dear." Her father said, as he smiled at her.

"It's amazing father!" She gleefully replied. "Thank you."