Chapter 1

5th February, 20XX

It's been sometime since kaneki left anteiku, he misses them but he is doing it for them, to protect them. He has been continuously raiding ghoul restaurants ,killing and cannibalizing their members. And so we reach this fateful day which is just like any other day but the things that will happen are going to change kaneki's world

Kaneki's group comes in confrontation with a detachment force of the aogiri tree since kaneki has been causing trouble for them here and there for quite sometime. The fight begins as a skirmish and continues for hours, leading the aogiri force is the black rabbit and jail and about 20 lackeys against kaneki, banjou,tsukiyama and banjou's three lackeys. Kaneki unleashes his kagune with a roar and starts impaling the aogiri members on the other side tsukiyama cuts through them one by one and banjou fights hand to hand

"There are so many", tsukiyama yells "let's retreat". Kaneki stops for an instance and thinks ,"No, if we defeat them we are going to be in a massive advantage in the future" and continues to bring down aogiri members. Ayato shoots his kagune crystals at banjou which causes him to fall on his back ,while ayato jumps on top of him and holds him by his throat, Kaneki and tsukiyama by this time have already killed the lackeys with the help of banjou's men.
Kaneki looked at Ayato with a merciless glare and charged towards him.

Ayato gets off of banjou to face Kaneki and braces, Kaneki starts thrashing ayato left and right and doesn't give him time to recover on the other hand banjou, his underlings and tsukiyama were trying to take care of jail but failing miserably as he was beating them black and blue even after being outnumbered. Kaneki had ayato underneath him holding him by his kagune and punching him senselessly to the point he blacked out.

Kaneki was just going to impale ayato but his companion came inbetween to save him and Ken's kagune goes straight through his chest causing him to faint.

*Flashback*

A boy was roaming the streets of Tokyo, he was orphaned long ago and had learnt to stay alive on his own which hardened him.
He saw another boy soaking in the rain, he was about one or two years younger than him, he could smell that he too was a ghoul like him.

"Oi, what are you doing out here in the rain"
"Nothing that concerns you"
"You are right, nothing that matters to me but I won't leave someone to die if I can save them. Especially an orphaned ghoul like me", he shares his umbrella with the boy and they start talking
"I ran away from my home because I was fed up by my sister who is one of those human lovers, I mean how can she like staying with those who took our parents away from us", the boy says clenching his fists and anger apparent on his face.
"Oh, I can see where you're coming from, to be honest I would've ran away too. What's your name", he says smiling at the other boy.
"Ayato kirishima, and yours ?"
"Rio, you can stay with me as long as you want, kid"
"Hey! Im not a kid, you're a kid!",
"So that's a n-", Rio is interrupted when he assumes Ayato doesn't want to stay with him, "Yeah whatever better than being alone, I guess"
Rio chuckles, "yeah, heard of some ghoul organization thingy going about I'm thinking about joining it, they are called the aogiri tree or something. Their goal is to create a world fit for ghouls to live in without having to fear for their lives"
Ayato looks interested, "Yeah thats something I can go with, better than living with those humans atleast". The boys continue talking about themselves, families that were taken away from them and the future that awaits them. Not knowing that they are going to become like brothers to each other.

*End of flashback*

Ayato glares at Kaneki, "Oi eyepatch, your fight is with me not him!",he became even more angry seeing blood come out of Rio's mouth."He came inbetween, not my fault", Kaneki says looking a little guilty.
"You think you are the only one who has friends you need to protect !!? Fight me you COWARD !", Ayato screams at Kaneki.
"I can't, you're touka's younger brother, her only family and I am not like you aogiri bastards killing someone's friend infront of them, don't yell at me you brat your friend is still alive or do you want me to end him". Ayato looks scared and shocked at what kaneki said, Rio gains consciousness and wipes the blood on his mouth and nose and Kaneki looks at him, "I can't kill you two, I can't let you go either and we don't take prisoners", Rio speaks up, "so what now ?"
"Work for me"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Author's Note~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys it's my first fanfic so it's pretty rusty. I hope you liked,please comment any suggestions❤️❤️❤️

Thanks for reading, Bye✌️✌️