Chapter 8

Kaneki was laying down unconscious in one of the spare rooms in anteiku, he woke up with a jolt to find himself in the middle of a field full of white spider lilies. He was confused but then he assumed that he had passed away and this was the afterlife, "I guess I wasn't destined to see them again, see her again. Well atleast I tried to return but it was too late, I just hope she is fine and the cafe too", Kaneki said sadly accepting his cursed fate. Just as he was about to give up, three shadow figures came infront of him. He was scared first but as they came into the light their true identies were revealed, it was Rize, Jason and Arima.

Rize laughed at him, "giving up so soon kaneki-kun, I expected better of you", Jason spoke, " You are not dead yet one-eye, you're between life and death. It's your choice now if you give up and come with us, you will never be able to get up but if you want to live then use all of your strength and open your eyes". Kaneki was confused, " What do mean ?, my eyes are open ", " No, this is a dream. You are asleep right now, we are just the creations of your mind ". Arima was looking at ken, " You have bested me and freed me from my cage, you gave me salvation. The truth is I am quite fond of ghouls but because of certain conditions we had to be on opposite sides of the battlefield. I would like to tell you something I am the one eyed king, quite confusing I agree, I am a special class investigator as well as the leader of aogiri and for some time I have been searching for a successor. You are the best choice, so get up."

~~~~~~~*In the meantime, anteiku*~~~~~~ Rio, banjou and Tsukiyama were sitting in the lounge with the employees of anteiku including ayato. Rio was the one explaining, " We attacked the aogiri base but were ambushed by the doves, kaneki-san told us to leave so we did. We decided to return and we found him unconscious next to Arima's corpse, he killed the reaper ". Everyone's eyes widened at what Rio said, the kaneki who was beaten by touka and nishiki less than one year ago had defeated arima, " Well looks like we have been underestimating kaneki-kun ", the manager said and everyone nodded except touka who was staring at the door of kaneki's room for quite some time now.

Ayato said, " hey no one is stopping you, go check on him. Maybe he woke up ". Touka turned red and looked at the manager for permission, once she did she went into the room. " I just hope they get back together again and I can fix my mistake ", Ayato said with a sad smile, " Ayato-kun you always cared for your sister, you might have made a mistake but you have proven that you are still worthy of staying in anteiku. You can choose to join the cafe if you wish to ". Ayato nodded with determination, Hinami hugged him from the side since she was very happy that her Onii-chan returned and ayato becoming a part of anteiku. Although ayato turned redder than a tomato at her sudden display of affection infront of everyone earning him a few teases from Nishiki, who was silenced by a deadly glare.

Kaneki was lying on the bed and his wounds had mostly healed, just scars were left, a lot of them. Touka felt like crying when she saw him like this, how many times had he gotten hurt for her and she just yelled at him even punched him like an ignorant brat without knowing his problems, 'of course he would do something drastic after being tortured for weeks and so it was your duty to stop him, take care of him but what did you do ?, That's right you ran away crying like a
child ', touka blamed and scolded herself for what happened to ken, ' I wouldn't be surprised if he hated me now but even if he did, I would still care for him '.

Kaneki was stirring in his sleep and his face showed that he was uncomfortable, touka held his hand gently with her own and with the other she gently stoked his beautiful white hair. He calmed down and after a few minutes opened his grey eyes, touka was still stroking his hair while looking out the window, ' how beautiful, I came back just for her. After all I did to her she still cares about me '. Ken gently squeezed her hand which made her look at him, he smiled at her lovingly, her eyes widened as she kept on staring at him untill the tears arrived but this time they were out of happiness, he slowly got up and she she embraced him a tight hug and cried into his shoulder,
" Don't you dare leave me again baka, you idiot do you know how scared I was ". Ken's eyes began to water too, " I'm so sorry, I will never leave you again, please don't hate me"
Touka was relieved, he didn't hate her and she definitely did not hate him, " I don't hate you, I never did. I was just sad and angry at you for leaving and even more for not coming back, you know how lonely I was, things aren't the same without you but ayato told me why you weren't coming back, so I forgive you ". Kaneki was the one hugging touka now , " I guess I'm just stupid for leaving in the first place even after having a loving family, having you. I guess you don't appreciate the things you have untill you are just about to lose them". They smiled at each other and the others came in seeing the two of them in each other's arms laughing and talking, looking very happy to be with each other.