XVII. Run

???

The day was sunny, bright summer day, all the kids are outside at the park playing tag or kick ball. The sun is shining down on them and the breeze is as good as ever.

More and more kids keep going outside, so many kids how can you even keep track ! So many kids all different ages, how can you focus on one ?

But there she was, walking right through that door. The little girl walked over to a bench, hopped onto it and let her feet dangle.

Not even 10 minutes later, the weather took a dramatic turn. The sun was now covered by grey clouds and the breeze was now a harsh gust of wind, causing almost all the kids to run back inside their home.

But not that little girl, for her she'd rather spend hours in the storm than any more minute inside the house. She was still sitting on the bench, tears pooling in her eyes while she tried to stay calm.

You could tell from a mile away she was terrified, people called her name but she wouldn't budge. She didn't know if she was more scared of the rain or going back inside.

It started drizzling but quickly got worse, the little girl still glued to the bench not budging from her name being called.

No one was sure why, maybe she couldn't hear her name. Maybe the wind and rain didn't let her see them calling her in. Just maybe there was a reason why the little girl would ignore them.

Rustling came from nearby bushes which caught her attention. Slowly a figured emerged, an animal maybe a dog. It was an odd connection but slowly people calling her name got louder.

And louder.

Mattheos pov

"Serenity! Bloody hell shes out cold-" the ginger shook her a bit but she didn't budge.

"Aguamenti", Water splashed serenity's face and she jumped gasping for air.

"Wh- why ?!" she yelled wiping the water off her face, some makeup smudging.

"Rise and shine darling, you mumble in your sleep did you know?" she had an innocent look almost as if she were scared.

"Wasn't necessary..." she took off her robe and got up and grabbed her books, "and thank you for talking to Professor Lupin, see you Saturday." My heart dropped to my stomach, no idea she heard any of me and Professor Lupins conversation.

Not that it meant anything but felt exposed knowing she heard me, but also feel relieved she's looking forward to our date. Not that I care, this date is just a cover up to get closer after all.

Serenity walked off, Ron giving her his robe since she used hers to clean her face.

I get up to leave as well before realizing Serenity left one book beneath her seat, I'll just pass by later or in another class hand it to her.

Serenity's pov

Me and Hermione took a stop at the girls bathroom, fixing my smudge mascara from the water.

"Hey... is everything alright ?" Hermione softly asked resting her hand on my shoulder.

"What?"

"I mean... ever since we talked to you on the way to class you seem a bit... distant."

"Yeah... just worried, not like I'd want any of us to get hurt by Vold-"

"I don't think we should say his name..." she whispered getting closer to me and taking my wet robe.

"I have a free period next so I'll take this to the dorm for now,"

"You're not going to lunch ?"