Hiding It

The day after Corey and Theo found out the big news, they had to go back to school to make it seem like nothing happened. Theo is in their grade because of how much school he missed.

 Corey was walking down the hall when he heard his name being called. He turned to see Liam and Nolan jogging towards him. Liam grinned when they caught up, "Are you ready for the game?" 

 Corey froze. He didn't remember the lacrosse game tonight. Should he play? What if he gets hurt? He took a deep breath to try to seem calm to his teammates, "Uh, yeah. I am so excited for that. Can hardly wait!"

 Liam raised an eyebrow and frowned, "Dude, you're lying." Nolan started frowning too. They both stared at Corey, expectantly. 

 Corey was about to answer when the bell rung loudly. In a second, he was gone. He had turned invisible and sprinted to class.

 Once he was in there, he hurried to the seat next to Theo. Theo glanced up at the frantic boy, "Are you okay?" 

 Corey nodded, "Liam knows somethings up. Him and Nolan came to talk about the game tonight and I panicked and lied. But what do I do? I can't play!" 

Theo froze at Corey's words, Liam and Nolan know something is different with Corey and they're going to make him play at the game tonight. Theo sighed and started mumbling his plan to Corey, "You're going to play tonight. If you don't, they will find out! Just stay calm and try not to lie to them, they'll hear it. But you're going to take it easy tonight, don't get tackled, hit, or pushed. Stay out of the way. This is the last game of the season. It will be alright, just a few more weeks until we can leave. Next we need to start planning that out." Corey nods and takes a few deep breaths.

 The rest of the class walk in and take their seats, including Liam, Nolan, and Mason. They all question why the chimeras are sitting together but don't ask about it. The class goes on but Corey continuously taps his leg nervously. 

 He doesn't want to get hurt, he doesn't want his baby to get hurt. Hopefully it will be a simple game, no injuries.