The Howl

Theo had sweat dripping down his face as he breathed harshly. His knuckles were clenched tightly in the bed sheet. His legs were shaking from the pain he was experiencing.

Corey was the same way. They laid on the small beds, only having each other's presence as comfort.

Both the boys' powers were going wild from the situation.

Corey would be flashing invisible then visible over and over again.

Theo's fangs were out and his claws as well. His eyes were bright gold as the chimeras grunted from pain.

The day had come when they would bring life into the world. There's nothing they can do about it now.

Theo growled, "We're gonna die here, Corey!"

Corey turned his head to his friend, "No! We'll be fine, Theo! Good thoughts only please!"

Both boys suddenly screamed at the bodies getting rearranged in a way for the birth. Their organs were already able to hold a child but to birth one, they had to go through the sudden internal pain.

The room was empty except for the two boys and the beds. They had to do this alone.

Corey suddenly had an idea, "Theo!" Theo turned his head. "Roar!"

Theo furrowed his sweaty eyebrows. "What? No! I already told you that I don't have the energy to do that! Plus, being a chimera, I'm not sure it will work!"

Corey shook his head. "No! It will work! You're apart of the pack! If you howl, Scott will find us!" They both knew it made sense. "And you have adrenaline right now! So build up all of that power and howl! Howl, Theo! Howl!"

Theo needed the pep talk. He looked back up at the ceiling and took in a deep breath. With his eyes glowing gold and his fangs bared, he let out a room-shaking howl.