43 Can't see him

The gentle sunlight fluttered on my skin as I take deep breaths of early morning sleep. A gentle breeze hitting my face lightly making my hair come all over my eyes. I swept them aside and opened my eyes.

The room is white, the sheets are also white.

I look at the window wide open giving out a scene of beautiful blue morning. The lake unusually still. The deck to the lake stands empty with just bucket sitting there.

I removed the blanket and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. Eyes still half sleepy lazed around till I find the door to the possible bathroom and went inside it.

Brushing my teeth I noticed that the washroom looks far from different from my own. It was much emptier as if it's not used as much on a regular basis but still exceptionally clean.

Sleep still residing in my eyes I washed my face to remove it. Noticing that I put my toothbrush next to another one. Not wondering who it might belong to I went back to the room.

The room is also different than mine but still very similar. Almost as if I have seen this but can't put the needle of assurity on it.

I decide to move out of the room. Still unable to figure it out how I got in this place and what in the world was it either. Yet the seemingly similarity of a faded past memory has my head spinning. As I went downstairs I see a picture on the stairs.

The two people stand there smiling as the field of flowers behind them added a hint of beauty that complimented the smile they carried while looking at each other.

I touch the frame and move my finger along it delicately.

"Why is this picture here?"
I mumble in a confused manner.

Taking a moment to admire Taehyung's boxy smile that never halts from making my heart full.

Remembering the time that they spent at Taehyung's weekend getaway cottage. Taehyung had promised him that he'll take him there for a weekend. And he did. Just the two of them having a good time for a weekend hidden away from all the other people.

On the way to the cottage that day they stopped by a flower field. Jungkook had excitedly stopped the car and woke up Taehyung just for him to grump around initially but then had fun catching the other around. They remember giggling while they got scolded by the flower field owner for having to possibly ruin it which they didn't by the way.

At the end the farmer gave them a few flowers and even clicked a picture of them to remember too.

It was the same picture.
It was the same memory.
It is the same day that he is reliving.

He hastily moves downwards.
Going to the dining area and finding a half eaten pizza box and a few bottles of wine laying around there. Did someone have pizza here? But why am I here?

It was indeed Taehyung's cottage so he went outside to see if he can see him.
Around the not so maintained garden.
Around the living room.
Around the lake side.
He tried to locate someone but no one was there.

It felt empty.

As if it was a post apocalyptic present where he was the only one who survived.

A hinge of thirst crawled up his throat and he went back to the house to get some water. Wondering if it really was post apocalyptic, then he wouldn't know if he'll even have water or not. But then again the water in washroom worked perfectly fine so he had to put an end to his post apocalypse theory.

He goes in the kitchen to find a man with broad shoulders cooking something, having his back towards him.

He understood who he was. It was Taehyung ofcourse. He can find Taehyung in a crowd of broad shoulders in a second.