Intern meeting

It's been almost 2 weeks since the incident with Bakugou occurred, and around one week since I began interning with Nighteye again, this time with Midoriya joining me.

Kiri, Tsu and Uraraka also went for new internships. Kiri interned with FatGum, while Ochako and Tsuyu interned with the Dragon Hero, Ryukyu. 
They actually made it onto the news, causing the rest of Class 1A to stir and congratulate the 3 students.

It was a totally different story for me and Midoriya. 
We started the week off patrolling with Mirio, AKA Lemillion, and it didn't go well in the slightest. While on patrol, we heard noises from an alleyway and decided to check it out, a small child, maybe around 7 years old, ran out of the alleyway and straight into Midoriya. Her arms and legs covered in bandages. She looked terrified. Especially when a man walked out from the same direction looking for her.

We found out the young girls name was Eri, as the man called out her name. As the man stepped closer, we immediately recognised him. This was the man that Nighteye was investigating. The leader of Shie Hassaikai, Chisaki. 
Midoriya tensed at the sight of the man and held a tight grip on the young girl, the girl gripped back onto Midoriya and shook. After questioning from Midoriya and Mirio, Chisaki removed his glove and the young girl ran straight back to him, holding onto his gloved hand.

We watched as the two walked back into the alleyway, and I clenched my teeth together, turning towards Mirio.
"I can't believe you let them go Mirio... We could have tried if you'd let us..." I whispered, clenching and unclenching my fists. 
I walked next to Midoriya as we headed back to the agency, ignoring Mirio's attempts of explaining that 'it was what's best for us'.

All of that is what led to now.

This is what led to Midoriya, Kiri, Tsu, Uraraka and I, as well as multiple pro heroes and their sidekicks, being seated around the large, circular table, discussing how to save the young child and take down the Shie Hassaikai. 
We found the location of their base, but me and the other 'kids', as they called us, were told to remain on standby and continue our training. So that's exactly what I did.

I couldn't disclose any information to my classmates, apart from the ones present at the meeting, so I spent all my time training with Kiri. It got to the point that I was even avoiding Sho, my main goal was to save the small child.

When I woke up in the morning, I would get ready and then train with Kiri outside. 

At lunch? Eat, train with Kiri, then finish eating.

During Hero Training in class, Kiri would be my partner and we'd spar. 

Even after school we would be training until we nearly passed out. The class noticed the obvious change in Kiri, Midoriya, Uraraka, Tsu and I, and continuously tried to cheer us up, but it was to no avail. 

~2 days before infiltration~

I woke up in a particularly bad mood today, only having slept a few hours due to the heavy guilt on my chest. I immediately got up, grabbed some clothes for training, brushed my teeth, had a shower and got ready to meet Kiri outside. 

I make my way outside to realise that it's not just me and Kiri today. The other three students had also joined us for training, Midoriya and Kiri already sparring while Tsu and Ochako analysed their movements. 

I went and sat by the two other girls and joined them in their analysis, the two boys were definitely good fighters. 
5 minutes of sparring go by and they stop, finally noticing my presence. Midoriya gives me a sad smile before plopping down next to Uraraka, Kiri sitting next to me. 

The 5 of us sat in a circle and discussed the upcoming battle. Midoriya was terrified, and angry at himself for not saving the girl when she was in our reach. 
Kiri was obviously trying to hold in his worry, scared of being seen as anything other than 'manly'. Tsu didn't really understand, she was still trying to figure out why they would hold that little girl hostage, but it made her mad anyway. 
Uraraka was worried, and didn't try hiding it in the slightest.