Quarter-final

Finally it was time for the Quarter-final. The match up went a little like this:

Midoriya Izuku vs Todoroki Shoto
Shiozaki Ibara vs Iida Tenya
Tokoyami Fumikage vs {L/N, Y/N}
Bakugou Katsuki vs Kirishima Eijirou

For my match I was confident I could win against Tokoyami. I mean, his quirk is a literal shadow, and it's light outside. He always speaks about how light weakens Dark Shadow, so his quirk will be already weakened, all I need to do is come up with a plan to push him out of bounds... I wonder if Dark Shadow like's water....

My thoughts were interrupted by a soft tap on my shoulder. I jumped at the touch, unaware people, other than Kyo and Denki, were even close to me. I abruptly turn around and come face to face with Shoto. I frown as my eyes meet his, and he sighs. "I really don't want to fight, {N/N}. Just... good luck. With your fight that is."
I nod at him as he turns to walk away. I turn back around to see Kyo giving me a look of concern, while Denki just looks really confused. Honestly, he's probably still out of it from his fight with Shiozaki. Dumb flirt. 

I smile at Kyo as she grabs my hand and leads me towards the bench on the 1A stands so we could watch the fights before mine. We were so giddy and excited that I completely forgot that Shoto's match was first. This was, however, changed when Present Mic screams through the speakers about the match, forcing everyone to cover their ears, as the two teenagers enter the ring.

I watch the two boys adamantly as they battle it out, Midoriya breaking every single one of his fingers. After five minutes you can tell the boys are getting agitated, and far more competitive than before. The boys stop fighting and stand at opposite ends of the ring, that's when we hear Midoriya shouting, "IT'S YOUR QUIRK, NOT HIS!".
Shoto's entire left side erupts into burning hot flames, heading straights towards Midoriya. Midoriya prepares to shoot more of his power, threatening to break more of his fingers. Suddenly, Cementos uses his quirk to create multiple walls between the boys, so that they can't kill each other, just as a huge explosion goes off. I scream, "SHO!!", my friends having to hold me back and stop me from running down onto the field. 

The smoke clears after a few minutes and I'm sat on the ground, crying into Kyo's shoulder. Then Present Mic's voice rings throughout the stadium, "TODOROKI SHOTO HAS WON BY KNOCKOUT!". At the news I stand up, watching as Sho wobbles towards the exit. I run as fast as my legs could take me towards him, knocking him over while crying.
"You fucking idiot! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!", Sho flinches at my screaming, "YOU HAVENT USED THAT POWER IN YEARS YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE! YOU COULD'VE BEEN HURT!", I say through my sobs. He hesitantly wraps his arms around me as I cry into his chest, apologising over and over again, until he himself broke down. 

We stayed like that for a few minutes, until we heard the click of a camera behind us. We froze, quickly turning around, but no one was there. It couldn't have been Hagakure, considering we could see her cheerleader outfit moving around in the class stand. We made eye contact and shrugged it off, it could have just been our imaginations, or someone walking by and stepping on something, like a wrapper.
We set off towards Recovery Girl's room. Sho didn't want to go, but I forced him since he hasn't used his fire quirk in a long time and it obviously took a lot of energy from him. He was also covered in bruises from the impact of the blast. 

We eventually reached her office and he was quickly rushed in. I sat with him while he got treated, while sending Kyo a text to tell me when Iida's match ends, as well as who won, so I know when to leave for my match. In the middle of messaging Kyo, Sho turns to me, "Are you still mad at me?", he asks with a sad look in his eyes. My eyes widen as I stare at him, "Mad for what? Getting yourself hurt? Shouting at me for no reason? Being possessive over nothing? Stealing my teddy when we were kids and setting it on fire?" 
The last one made him giggle slightly, "Well, the last one wasn't my fault. I'd only just got my quirk". He smiles at me, and we both break out into a fit of laughter, "Well, I'm no longer mad at you, so don't worry." I smirk.

After chatting for a little longer my phone buzzes. I quickly check my messages from Kyo. She was notifying me that Iida had won his fight and it was my turn. I quickly stand up, knocking over a box of tissues from behind me as I did. I apologise to Recovery Girl and turn to Sho, "Looks like it's my turn loser!" I smile widely. As I'm turning to leave he grabs my arm and pulls me towards him and, before I can react, his lips are pressed against mine. Confused, I pull away from the kiss, my face as red as Kirishima's hair. He looked away from me and opens his mouth - assumingly to apologise - but I quickly shut him up by pressing my lips against his once more. After we pull away from the kiss I smile and walk out of the room, waving to the shocked boy I left sat there.

As I run towards the waiting room to prepare for my match, I can feel my heart beating out of my body. I can't believe I just did that. Why did we do that? I mean, I thought he hated me? But he can't hate me if he kissed me like that. So is this relationship not fake? What the fuck is going on? I mumble to myself before crashing into someone. I fall to the ground and look up to see Bakugou staring down at me. He cocks an eyebrow and scoffs, "Are you a fucking idiot? Watch where you're fucking going, stupid bitch.", with that he walks away. Damnit Bakugou, why do you act like this? I promise I'm going to beat you. There's no way I'll let him get ahead of me.

I step into the ring, ready to face Tokoyami. He's already standing there, speaking to Dark Shadow in a hushed whisper. I wave to them and they smile softly, already getting into a fighting stance. The bell goes off and Dark Shadow charges at me, while Tokoyami makes no sign he will move. I manipulate the air around me to keep Dark Shadow at bay for a while, which seems to confuse Tokoyami. To summarise, I basically solidified parts of the air around Dark Shadow, kind of like an invisible wall or barrier that they become trapped in. 
I charge at Tokoyami, watching in amusement as he tries to get Dark Shadow to return to him. He eventually gives up and runs towards me, realising he can't free Dark Shadow. As he charges at me I lift up the ground behind him, sending a large rock flying towards him which, to my surprise, was blocked by Dark Shadow. How did they escape? Realising I can't use the same tricks twice I shoot water towards Tokoyami and Dark Shadow, which they efficiently dodge, but they had no idea what my actual goal was. I stopped in place, confusing them, as I manipulated the water behind them and watched it surround them, enclosing them in a water bubble. (Imagine Juvia from Fairy Tail, it's like that.) I kept it like this until they passed out from exhaustion, or from just not being able to breathe.

 I won the match, but immediately ran to them, pressing down on Tokoyami's chest, and checking that he was still breathing. Luckily he was, and I breathed a sigh of relief when he woke up again, although he was gasping. I quickly apologised to him but he just shrugged it off and congratulated me.
He was rushed to recovery Girl soon after and I headed back towards the stands so I could speak to my friends before the next matches. I don't know if I should be excited or nervous anymore.