Chapter 7: Omashu Crisis

Zuko's ship finally arrives at a beach in the Earth Kingdom. He jumped off the ship and landed in the coarse sand of the beach as his feet feel the rough sands of the beach. Zuko then walks in the sands of the beach as he walks towards the grass. As he first steps on the grass, he heard a gunshot. Then as he stopped moving, he heard more gunshots. He then started to run and then hid behind a tree. He sees behind the tree an Earth Kingdom village being raided and ransacked as Kou Soldiers then started to fire their guns at the villagers who were running away in fear.

A 14 year old Earth Kingdom ethnic girl with long dark brown hair wearing a lime green shirt, dark green overalls and sneakers starts running as she pulls a cart she is connected to by a harness hooked to the cart with her middle aged mother, father and baby sisters in the cart. The girl hurries with the cart as she tries to catch up with the crowd running away in fear. The crowd is full of people running away from the village, Teenagers having to serve as hurriers that are harnessed to carts like oxen to pull the carts with their families in tow as they are strained with villagers running away on foot with fear and sorrow.

The villagers ran away as Kou Soldiers chased after them with Tundra Tanks and Artillery guns. The Tundra tanks started to fire at the villagers with giant bullets as the artillery guns started to shoot giant bullets at the villagers.

Some Kou Soldiers then butchered the Pig-Cow, Pig-Sheep and Oxen (Bulky horses with horns like triceratops) Zuko knew that Earth Kingdom villagers under Kou rule were so poor they could not afford cattle to pull their carts and because of that teenagers or young adults or adults who are single with no children still living with their family or village servants have to pull the carts like people pulling rickshaw carts and be harnessed to them like cattle themselves. To those people who do that it is a painful experience as they have to pull the cart with their hands and use their weight to help the cart move over deep slopes and mountains. 

Zuko was glad he was not a hurrier like them because he could bear such pain. Zuko then ran away from the scene as Kou Soldiers and War Vehicles passed through the grassy plain of the seaside village. He saw the villagers including the teen hurriers run into the mountains and shut themselves away from the surface.

Suddenly there loud chomping, roaring barking and eating with sounds of blood were making splat noises. Zuko realized that going inside the mountains is a terrible idea and he decided to climb them instead. Zuko was then climbing the mountain which was hard due to the jagged rocks and some stuff that was unstable. He was far from going over the giant mountain.

Suddenly someone noticed him. That someone is a man with grey hair tied in a samurai bun with a grey beard going side to side on the bottom of his face. The man has a round belly like a troll eating 1,000,000,000,000 pounds of mutton but more shorter and healthier. The man noticed Zuko climbing the mountain and walked towards him. The man then grabbed Zuko's leg and Zuko felt it with a twinge.

Zuko: (pissed) LET ME GO OR I'LL BURN YOUR FACE AND SEND YOU TO HELL!!!!

Iroh: (says stern) Would you do that to your own uncle?

Zuko then turned his face to see the very man who was the father figure who took him under his wing when his father rejected him.

His uncle.

Zuko jumps down safely from his position and hugs Iroh.

Zuko: (emotional with joy) Uncle.

Iroh: (with a kind smile and tears) It's good to see you again.

After they hugged the two then heard tanks rumble through the fields and decided to hide. They saw Kou Troopers wielding riffles marching through the plains of the grass as the grass bends over from the pressure of their boots. Following them is a Tank Train that is the size of a regular train and consists of several cars with one of them having a giant steampunk Missile launcher that looks like a M270 Multiple Launch Rocket System. The first car is the work-horse, which houses the engine. The vehicle runs on lava and coal. This first car also has a functional design; the sharp, armored plow on the front is used to batter a path through obstacles, and it prevents large objects from getting underneath the train and damaging the undercarriage.