11・spiders & butterflies

(`・ω・') warning- cussing & violence

・Y/N's pov

My hatred for Muzan didn't really come out of nowhere, at first I used to joke around that he was hot in my previous life since this was all fake to me. However, as soon as I was reincarnated I had to live through the plain truth with friends getting brutally murdered by demons and loved ones having to see it all.

I was considered lucky to not be a victim... Yet.

"I wonder how Zenitsu is going to handle things," I huffed as I ran with the two.

Inosuke scoffed at my remark, "That dunce is hopeless."

"That dunce is my brother you pig!"

"What did you say to me, woman?!"

"Pig!"

"I'm a boar!"

"Same thing!"

I rolled my eyes and stopped, realizing that my hands were covered in pure thread. Inosuke looked over to me and asked, "Hah, what is that?"

Tanjiro shrugged while I stood silent until I few seconds pass where I decided to speak again, "Spider webs. Most likely spider webs."

"Yeah... This place is full of spider webs now that you mention it," Tanjiro stated and turned to both Inosuke and I, "You guys... I appreciate this. When you two decided to check things out with me, I was relieved. That twisted and ominous scent I was picking up from the mountain scared me a bit, so having you two here makes me feel a lot more better."

I smiled and "awed" at Tanjiro's confession while Inosuke acted all fuzzy as he stared at Tanjiro, of course he wouldn't admit it but what Tanjiro said made him really happy.

We continued our way through the forest and found someone who was also a demon slayer, however as we introduced ourselves the man looked less relieved and more stressed.

"They should've sent us a hashira!" the man exclaimed, "No matter how many mizunotos they send in, it won't be enough-"

His sentence was quickly shut down by a pound in the face from Inosuke, I didn't expect less from him.

But in all seriousness, I wanted this to end quickly.I knew how deadly this mission would be and the casualties the demon slayer corps would face.

"I'm going to continue on," I muttered, loud enough for everyone to hear me.

The man looked at me as if I was a madwoman, "Are you crazy?! You are going to die if you are going to be alone!"

I clicked my tongue and stood up, ready to venture out by myself.

"It doesn't matter. I didn't train to death to die so easily from a few measly demons who are fucking wimps and hiding out from us slayers." I then continued my argument, "I'm ending this mission right now and that's final, I don't care if my rank is damn mizunoto, ranks don't compare to strength."

I knew I acted cocky, but at least I understood my limits. I didn't train all day and all night for three years straight to be read as weak. I kept walking, no, running to my destination to end this mission quickly.

I heard faint murmurs of the three slayers I walked away from, one that I thought was Tanjiro whispering, "I never seen Y/N so serious until this day. I fought with her once but it seemed like that time she was having fun trying to kill the demon, this feels more... Different."

I ran along through the woods, killing off the slayers who were forced to attack me. As they fell to the ground they gave me a short-lived "thank you" to me, most likely because they felt indescribable pain when they were attached to the strings. I felt guilty of course, but it had to be done.