𝖮𝖭𝖤 - 𝖠 𝖣𝖱𝖤𝖠𝖬

𝘈 𝘋𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮 ( 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘰 𝘧𝘢𝘳 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 )

"What are you thinking?"
Y/N stared out the window of her Shia residence. The blissfully unaware town that lived in paradise had been her home since she could remember.

As she watched the people walk by, their long dresses and pristine suits, she remembered her day of agony down at wall Maria. Five years since it broke, five years since her brain has been buzzing for answers.
Those poor streets would grant her that.
"I should go. There's a lot of cadets in Trost right now. Losing any would be detrimental."
Nathan took her shoulder, giving a soft look of concern.
"You aren't still thinking about it, are you? I told you to let it go."

She sighed, "it happened, Nathan. I'm sure of it."
"It was simply a dream. You know how vivid they are considering how often you sleep."
"I didn't feel like a dream."
"Y/N, what you speak of, it's not reality. It's just your imagination."
He walked away from the window to prepare their things while Y/N couldn't keep her mind straight. That child, they remembered. The trembling fear and the rush of her blood, she remembered that. It was ridiculous, however, she couldn't deny that. A titan, avoiding people? It wasn't realistic.

Thick smoke could be seen the closer Y/N and Nathan got to Trost. It was as if the same sights and smells had arrived to haunt them again.
"I've heard the cadets this year were rather good. Hopefully, there won't be too many casualties."
Y/N understood why he tried to keep hope. He often hurt the most when patients died.
"Has the Armored Titan arrived yet?"
"I don't believe so," he replied unsurely, checking the latest report, "Wall Rose still stands, so hopefully he won't show."

Upon arrival, a full evacuation was taking place.
"L/N! Emerson!"
She gasped as a garrison took hold of her arm, blood staining their sleeves.
"You must get to HQ! Many soldiers in critical condition are refuging there!"
"Of course. At your service."
Nathan followed the two close behind, his legs feeling hollow and weak as he once again ran through a titan-infested city.
"How bad is it?" Y/N asked as they ran, "how many have died?"
"An entire group up front got wiped out, Miss! The second has been injured badly, the other half assumed dead!"
"Is there any sort of control yet?"
"No, Miss! The survey corps haven't even arrived yet! We're low on supplies and people!"