𝖳𝖧𝖨𝖱𝖳𝖸 𝖥𝖨𝖵𝖤 - 𝖡𝖤𝖳𝖱𝖠𝖸

𝘽𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮 ( 𝙏𝙝𝙤𝙨𝙚 𝙒𝙝𝙤 𝙏𝙧𝙪𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙔𝙤𝙪 )

"Where are you taking Zeke?"
Levi felt her thumb rub over his knuckles as they walked outside. The sun was rightfully hot and her hold made his palm clammy.
"Why do you ask?"
"I—I've just been around him a lot. I know his tricks."
She stopped him from walking once she noticed his new squad waiting by some horses.

"I wouldn't—I don't want you to be trapped with him in an unfortunate circumstance."
Y/N got wordy when she wanted to be convincing. Levi knew that. Her voice would rise and she'd hold onto him tighter and tighter. Her cajoling was superior.
"The forest," he answered, "the large one you escaped from."
He watched her eyes find Zeke, who sat in the supply cart with a bored expression.
"Y/N?"
"Yeah?"
"Did he really—try to do something with you?"
"He knows better."

Y/N trailed her hand down her messy hair, trying to fix her memories.
"I'm Marley's prized possession, Levi. They'd never let an Eldian do such a thing."
"Yet..."
She felt her face become inflamed, quickly convincing herself it was the setting sun.
"Did you spend those years learning how to flirt?" She chuckled nervously, "Or am I just suffering withdrawal?"
He covered his mouth to muffle his laughter.
"Let's say I spent a good while thinking about you."

Y/N could feel her heart twist as they made it to the group ahead. Many of them straightened up now that their Captain had arrived.

"I don't know how long I'll be gone," Levi faced her, holding her hands, "So please take care of yourself."
"I will. Please be safe."
Y/N leaned in for what she meant to be a quick kiss but found herself unable to let go.
"Sorry," she whispered, the squad laughing and giggling as quietly as they could behind them. They'd probably get a scolding later.
"Get some rest," he pecked her lips again, "alright?"
"Promise."

Zeke waved his hand from where he sat.
"No goodbye for me, Y/N?"
"I'd leave you in a ditch if I could, Zeke."
Squeezing Levi's hands, Y/N gave a final glance to his lightened face and fuller cheeks. He looked alive.
Eren promised her that Levi would be alright during this trip.
It's Levi, she had said.
She already knew that.