𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 24

I lightly tug on my mask and grab my bag from the back. I fidget with my pins on it for a while before Kuroo pushes my shoulder lightly.

"I know you know who that is." He says looking me dead in the eyes with a deadpan expression. I roll my eyes and pull out my phone.

"Okay and? It's just a deal." I say shoving my phone into the cup holder. I open my bag making sure enough was in there. I take in a deep breath, the condensation from my breath making the mask slightly stuffy and wet. I zip the bag back up and throw it over my shoulder. I grab the handle and try to push down my yelling thoughts.

"Wish me luck." I say as I open the door, I stand up straightening my skirt out. I close my door and walk over to the hood of my car slightly leaning on it. The door of the Toyota Supra slowly opened before I became face to face with a set of eyes I used to know all too well. The other door slowly opens revealing someone else. Bokuto Kōtarō and Suna Rintarō... I tug on the ends of my skirt as they walk over to me. I then shove my hands into the pockets of my sweater. Suna stops in front of me while Bokuto stood slightly behind him. Bokuto's whole appearance was so different, he had tattoos covering his upper arms. He also looks more broad and fit, his hair wasn't up like it used to be. His eyes were sunken and half lit.

"y/n." His rough voice snapping me from my thoughts.

"Sorry?" I say looking up him.

"Why are you wearing a mask?" He says tilting his head slightly. I take the mask off and shove it in my pocket, I felt the blood rush to my face.

"It's something Akaashi does to keep me safe I guess.." I mumble as I look at my feet.

"What the hell happened to your face then?" He says stepping in front of Suna lifting my chin up to look at him.

"Nothings easy in this business." I laugh while shrugging my shoulders. He lets his hands fall to his sides as he rolls his eyes.

"So how's Akaashi?" He said in a sarcastic tone, leaning his head back slightly.

"He's okay, he's usually busy so there's not a lot of time to hang out with everyone." I say while looking back to the car, Kuroo stuck his hand out of the window waving it slightly. Ever since that night with me and Kenma, Kuroo and Bokuto's relationship had been weird.

"I see you still hang out with Kenma." Bokuto states causing me to let out a large sigh.

"It was never like that." I snap, crossing my arms rolling my eyes.

"Your still mad about it? If you weren't so stubborn maybe things would have worked out." I say raising my voice slightly. Suna pats Bokuto on the back before holding his phone.

"Make things quick Aniya wants me home." He says as he walks back to Bokuto's car getting in.

"You couldn't give me a chance but you could for Akaashi..." He said while smiling, shaking his head in disbelief.

"That was different and you know it." I say as a lump formed in the back of my throat. I swallow trying to make it go away. The truth was? My body was riddled with guilt everyday. I could have let Bokuto in but I didn't, I had the chance and I ruined it. I knew he wouldn't have hurt me yet I couldn't just let myself be happy. It was after Bokuto broke things off with my that my world began to just become bland. I loved Akaashi, he was there for me throughout all of the battles I had with myself.

"I messed up, I was too stubborn to admit that I loved you Kotarō. It was five months into us being apart that I realized that. I was too late, headlines came out of you and some girl. I couldn't ruin what you built because I finally realized I messed up. What happened between me and Akaashi came long after what happened between me and you." I cry out. Letting myself finally be vulnerable to him.

"I don't have time for this." Bokuto huffs while pulling money out handing it to me. I wipe my tears quickly opening my bag handing him the stuff. He walked away not even saying goodbye. I turn around trying to steady my breathing. I walk over to the car door opening it slipping inside.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Kuroo questions placing his hand on my shoulder. I throw my head back letting out a shaky sigh.

"Let's go home and smoke." I sigh, quickly strapping my seatbelt on. Kuroo nods as I drive off.

~time skip to y/n's & akaashi's place~

I get out of the car as the boys follow closely behind me. I unlock the door and walk inside, letting my bag drop to the floor. I slip my shoes off and walk to the living room sitting down. Kuroo and Kenma plop down next to me.

"Who's rolling?" I ask closing my eyes.

"I will." Kuroo says sitting up grabbing the wraps from the table. I grab my phone out of my pocket connecting it to the speakers. I hit shuffle on my "🍃" playlist. Who Hurt You? by Daniel Caesar. I take a deep breath as I watch Kuroo grind up some of the Indica that was on the table. It didn't take him long to roll a good blunt, he placed it in his mouth bringing the lighter to the blunt lighting it. He inhaled a few times then passed it to me. I grabbed it bringing it to my lips taking a few hits, I then passed it to Kenma who did the same. This rotation lasted until the blunt was no more. I ash it and sit back down letting my head rest on the couch.

"When did life get so complicated?" I question letting myself get tangled in my thoughts. I hate to admit i've never stopped loving Bokuto, but my heart was with Akaashi.

"Thats just life.."