I Wish (Sergio Ramos) #8

...fortunately breast cancer is highly treatable if detected early, which is your case. Having localized the tumor, we can treat it successfully before the cancer spreads.

Annabelle's eyes read the dreaded words over and over and over again before crumpling up the paper and tossing it away. She couldn't bear to read it, not anymore. A frown was on her face, staring in front of her blankly. She didn't have enough money to pay for the chemotherapy they expected. She refused to take the money from anyone who would offer it. Hell, she had yet to tell her friends about the news. She already lost her mother to the same disease, she knew how difficult it would have been for people to find out what she had. Annabelle wondered how she got it, and how she could have prevented it anytime sooner. The reasoning of her money not being able to come in her wallet is because she's been paying off the hospital and her doctor. She wanted to fix herself without anyone knowing. But so far nothing as worked. It was only a matter of time before people would start to notice her faded features, weariness and begin questioning. What's wrong with her. What has she been up to lately? Why isn't she like she used to be? "Hello?" She wipes her tears away when the phone rang. It was her other closest friend, Claudio. "Ciao Claudio. No nothing is the matter." She smiles at how easily he could tell if something was wrong with her. "Yes I'll be going to the game today." He refers to Madrid versing Bayern once more to qualify for the final. Thankfully, they had won against Barcelona a day or two ago. It made her really happy to see Sergio with a big smile on his face considering their loss against Bayern a match before. "Of course I'd be happy to get something signed for your nephew. He wants Mario Gomez? Alright. Ti amo Claudio, and no it's not a big deal." She mutters before hanging up. Her fingers dial Sergio's familiar number. No matter how many times he's changed it on her, she always took the time to remember it. "Hey Sergio, I know you're worried about the game but I was wondering if you could do me a favor..."

Sergio immediately agreed to Annabelle before she even had a moment to explain what the favor is. She chuckles from the other side, but now paying close attention, something had happened. She had been crying, he could hear a faint sniffle she was trying to hide. He was about to ask what had been wrong, before Annabelle ask that she could get an autograph for her friend's nephew again. Pushing his questioning aside for now, be chuckles. Of course. Her friend asked every now and then for an autographed jersey. Sergio had signed one for him many years ago, complimenting him on his talent. At the time he was still young, and blossoming with his new team, it meant a lot for Sergio to sign something for once even if he had not met him prior. He still had yet to find out who her friend was, he never questioned it. "That won't be a problem. You wouldn't mind coming say...thirty minutes earlier? That's alright?" Annabelle tells him that it was perfect before hanging up. She rises from her seat, getting ready for the game. She still anticipated her birthday trip next week to Paris with Sergio. The offer to go was still standing, and despite the feelings he had for her, she still wanted to experience a new place with her best friend. After changing into something more fitting for a match, she goes out to buy her friend's jersey. Just as she opens her front door, she is greeted by Sergio grinning cheekily holding a Gomez jersey in his hands. "Hola bonita." He playfully greets, planting a kiss on her head as he lets himself into her house. Annabelle was about to protest, knowing her house was a mess. A few laundry baskets hanging around, as well as dirty dishes visible on the sink. She will admit her laziness has taken over, only because of the stress of having cancer! "Geez, I think we need to clean up one day." Sergio jokes with her, tossing the shirt to her. Annabelle catches it with her hands, actually grateful this time. She didn't mean to sound greedy, but she hadn't exactly go the extra cash to pay for a shirt when she was attempting to save for chemotherapy. Annabelle throws him a sarcastic laugh. "Just stating the truth." He picks up a few unneeded magazines from her kitchen table for the garbage. She leaves him to his bidding, thankful he was here. He was an unspoken reminder that she had forgotten to brush her teeth, and she refused to talk to anyone else until she's cleaned up her mouth. As Annabelle walked out of his site, he continued to tidy up the place. Putting aside a few dirty dishes, picking up rubbish from the ground. One piece of paper particularly caught his eye. It was a medical alert on her health. It was crumpled into a tiny ball, by the trash can. Obviously she had been upset about something in the paper to have thrown it. Only missing the trash can by a little. He smoothed out the papers, eyes darting over the words.